Interventions Facilitator HMPPS Interview

Discuss what to expect in job and course interviews, what topics might be covered, how to manage anxiety, and how to get the desired result!

Postby Anna09 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:55 pm

Hello all,

I have an interview for the interventions facilitator position and I was asked to prepare a presentation.
The topic I was given "As a facilitator, how will you ensure as many service users as possible, complete their Court / Licence mandated programme?" but I am a bit confused as I was not given more information.

Also, I was told that there will be a 30 minutes written exercise but doesn't specify what kind of an exercise it would be.

Therefore, I was wondering if any of you have gone through the same/similar process and if so can you advise me?

Thanks in advance,
Anna
Last edited by miriam on Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: user was given a warning for this post
Anna09

Re: Interventions Facilitator HMPPS Interview

Postby alexh » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:59 am

I don't know much about this but would guess one aspect to consider is about carrots and sticks.

That is to say mandatory attendance is a stick forcing people to go. The carrots are the positive factors, probably many are the same as for other groups or treatment more generally.
alexh

Postby miriam » Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:33 am

Anna09 wrote:Hello all,

I have an interview for the interventions facilitator position and I was asked to prepare a presentation.
The topic I was given "As a facilitator, how will you ensure as many service users as possible, complete their Court / Licence mandated programme?" but I am a bit confused as I was not given more information.

Also, I was told that there will be a 30 minutes written exercise but doesn't specify what kind of an exercise it would be.

Therefore, I was wondering if any of you have gone through the same/similar process and if so can you advise me?

Thanks in advance,
Anna

Hi Anna,

I'm pretty sure that your prospective employer didn't give you consent to share their interview question online, or to solicit responses to a task they have set you as an individual. Surely if they didn't provide more information, then you approach them for any clarification or do your own research on the topic, rather than trying to get other people to give you answers?

I'd also remind you that to solicit or provide answers to questions used in the selection process of a job or course is against our forum rules (see section 13, here).
Miriam

See my blog at http://clinpsyeye.wordpress.com
miriam
Site Admin

Postby Anna09 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:13 pm

Hello all,

I have an interview for the interventions facilitator position and I was asked to prepare a presentation. Although I was a given a topic I was not given lots of information. I have just finished my MSc in Forensic Psychology and I am very excited about this interview and also very nervous.

Thanks in advance,
Anna
Anna09

Postby Anna09 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:21 pm

Hello Miriam,
Thanks for your reply and clarification.

I have posted the question to seek advice not answers. I do agree with you it was not smart on my behalf to post the question and I apologise for that.

To reiterate is my first time going to prison interview and im very excited and nervous and the only thing I wanted is advice I do not expect anyone to answer my question by any means.

Thanks,
Anna
Anna09

Return to Interviews