first ever AP interview!

Discuss what to expect in job and course interviews, what topics might be covered, how to manage anxiety, and how to get the desired result!

first ever AP interview!

Postby laurap123 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:29 pm

hi guys,
Its my first post so sorry if its wrong! I've had a good read through and can't see to find my answer so thought id start a new topic!
I've finally! got my first AP interview in an adult LD service, I'm currently a support worker in a low secure unit for adults with LD and mental health.
the interview says I've got to give a presentation on "What is a learning disability and how does this impact on people’s lives?" and that it should only be 5 minutes long.
i feel i could waffle on for ages so I'm guessing they're looking for short and concise presentations..
anyway my question is.. would it be worth starting with a definition of a LD? if so does anyone know where is best to use it from.
at uni we were always told to use a definition but I'm just bit unsure

Thanks in advance if anyone has any advice!

Laura
laurap123

Re: first ever AP interview!

Postby Mush » Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:48 pm

Think hint is in the question isn't it? 'What is…." I'd be weary of simply stating a definition. By all accounts; I imagine its a matter of opinion and coloured by history, context and how definitions developed….?
Mush

Postby Gia20 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:25 pm

Hi Laura,

I have a interview similar to yours, and I was wondering what type of questions do they ask you? would really appreciate your help.
Gia20

Postby maven » Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:20 am

Gia, you've asked this in two threads now, so I will need to point out that soliciting or providing interview questions is explicitly against our rules here as it undermines the fairness of the interview process.
Maven.

Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something - Plato
The fool thinks himself to be wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool - Shakespeare
maven
Site Admin

Return to Interviews