Interview across three different services

Discuss what to expect in job and course interviews, what topics might be covered, how to manage anxiety, and how to get the desired result!

Interview across three different services

Postby Syd2816 » Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:35 pm

Hi all

I've got an upcoming interview which would be split across Neuropsychology, Child and general Psychology departments. Any suggestions for how to approach this with so many different areas to cover!? I'm thinking about focussing on carrying out neuropsychological assessments and then working with children/Autism etc. I will also have a written task relating to a case study.

Re: Interview across three different services

Postby Geishawife » Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:48 pm

I hope my answer doesn't sound too contrary, but I think you need to be able to demonstrate both "hard" skills and flexibility in a post like this! I think a good starting point would be to think about what the required transferable skills would be? Although the post is working across different areas there are going to be core skills that would apply across all 3. I would think about what these might be and how to demonstrate them. Armed with the core skills, a little bit of flexibility and creativity means you should then be able to meet the demands of each service. So go from the "hard", core skills to thinking about how you adapt and tweak things to fit the different services. Don't try to cover every single aspect of every service, however - you will just end up tying yourself in knots! Good luck.
Team Member

Re: Interview across three different services

Postby kathryn » Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:43 am

How are you going to manage your time across each service? What would happen if one service tried to get you to take on an extra role outside of your agreed service time? How would you negotiate this?

Return to Interviews