Wellbeing Access Worker - 2 questions

Discuss what to expect in job and course interviews, what topics might be covered, how to manage anxiety, and how to get the desired result!
dancer

Wellbeing Access Worker - 2 questions

Post by dancer » Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:05 pm

Hi everyone,

I am currently a Support Worker for a mental health charity and have an interview for the position of Wellbeing Access Worker soon. At the moment my role involves providing social support for individuals suffering mental ill-health, whereas the Wellbeing Access Worker role is more promotional - raising awareness of the charity and identifying pathways and referring individuals for appropriate support. Does anyone have any tips for the interview - the kind of questions that would be asked, what I should say etc? I am preparing for it right now but it's always good to hear others' opinions and ideas!

One concern I have about this job is that I will miss the regular interaction I currently have with Service Users. I really enjoy working with people and seeing their progression over time. Does anyone have any experience of changing roles like this and have any advice?

Thank you.

mungle

Re: Wellbeing Access Worker - 2 questions

Post by mungle » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:02 am

Only you can decide which job is right for you so do use the interview to find out more. Can you ring to ask for a visit before the interview?

For a promotional job you want to think about where and how you would target, engaging hard to reach groups, liaising with other services and organisations, public speaking, marketing, project management, mental health stigma, barriers and facilitators of access etc. If this is a new service, is there an element of service development here?