The Great Big Progress Thread for 2017 entry DClinPsy

Discuss applications to the clearing house (and to courses that are not in the clearing house system), screening assessments, interviews, reserve lists, places, etc. here

Re: The Great Big Progress Thread for 2017 entry DClinPsy

Postby Sam5 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:57 pm

Anybody from Coventry and Warwick's chosen 10 going to be declining their place?! I'm 3rd reserve and the suspense is killing me...
Sam5
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:47 pm

Re: The Great Big Progress Thread for 2017 entry DClinPsy

Postby jlb36 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:48 am

Sam5 wrote:Anybody from Coventry and Warwick's chosen 10 going to be declining their place?! I'm 3rd reserve and the suspense is killing me...


I don't have any updates but wanted to sympathize - I'm also waiting to hear back and even though I know it's unlikely (I'm number 6) I can't help but feel hopeful! Also trying to distract myself and focus on other things as much as possible, I guess it could be a long wait if the final deadline isn't until June.
jlb36
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:03 am

Re: The Great Big Progress Thread for 2017 entry DClinPsy

Postby sparklepants » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:16 pm

Essex !

As a multiple-timer who was very much on their last year of applying, I'm thrilled/shocked/relieved! Any other people planning to train in Essex, PM me :D
User avatar
sparklepants
 
Posts: 93
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:46 pm

Re: The Great Big Progress Thread for 2017 entry DClinPsy

Postby Tabitha » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:17 pm

First time, an interview I can't believe it!!

Southampton
Surrey
Exeter
Oxford
Tabitha
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:12 pm

Re: The Great Big Progress Thread for 2017 entry DClinPsy

Postby Sam5 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:26 pm

jlb36 wrote:
Sam5 wrote:Anybody from Coventry and Warwick's chosen 10 going to be declining their place?! I'm 3rd reserve and the suspense is killing me...


I don't have any updates but wanted to sympathize - I'm also waiting to hear back and even though I know it's unlikely (I'm number 6) I can't help but feel hopeful! Also trying to distract myself and focus on other things as much as possible, I guess it could be a long wait if the final deadline isn't until June.


Keep the faith! Everyone has told me that lists do move :) Let me know if you hear anything :D
Sam5
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:47 pm

Re: The Great Big Progress Thread for 2017 entry DClinPsy

Postby Randomswirls » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:47 pm

Sparkle I am soooo happy for you
Randomswirls
 
Posts: 476
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:21 pm

Re: The Great Big Progress Thread for 2017 entry DClinPsy

Postby lakeland » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:40 pm

Randomswirls wrote:Sparkle I am soooo happy for you


Me too - love it when good things happen for good people.
lakeland
 
Posts: 839
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 12:18 pm

Re: The Great Big Progress Thread for 2017 entry DClinPsy

Postby Caterpillar » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:41 am

Essex!!!
Royal Holloway
UEA
UCL

Essex was my first choice and the interview day confirmed that for me. So I am feeling overwhelmed and very lucky :D

I will accept the offer so the Royal Holloway waiting list should move up soon!

For anybody still in it or recovering from it, make sure you take care of yourself, this process is so exhausting!
Caterpillar
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:17 pm

Re: The Great Big Progress Thread for 2017 entry DClinPsy

Postby Hockeygirl » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:03 am

sparklepants wrote:Essex !

As a multiple-timer who was very much on their last year of applying, I'm thrilled/shocked/relieved! Any other people planning to train in Essex, PM me :D



Absolutely thrilled for you Sparklepants!!!
Hockeygirl
 
Posts: 169
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:49 pm

Re: The Great Big Progress Thread for 2017 entry DClinPsy

Postby sparklepants » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:23 am

Thanks guys, it's feeling slightly more real today! :)
User avatar
sparklepants
 
Posts: 93
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:46 pm

Re: The Great Big Progress Thread for 2017 entry DClinPsy

Postby jlb36 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:11 pm

Sam5 wrote:
jlb36 wrote:
Sam5 wrote:Anybody from Coventry and Warwick's chosen 10 going to be declining their place?! I'm 3rd reserve and the suspense is killing me...


I don't have any updates but wanted to sympathize - I'm also waiting to hear back and even though I know it's unlikely (I'm number 6) I can't help but feel hopeful! Also trying to distract myself and focus on other things as much as possible, I guess it could be a long wait if the final deadline isn't until June.


Keep the faith! Everyone has told me that lists do move :) Let me know if you hear anything :D



Will do!
jlb36
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:03 am

Re: The Great Big Progress Thread for 2017 entry DClinPsy

Postby hannah0120 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:18 pm

I have just heard back from Plymouth with good news..

Bangor
Canterbury

Plymouth
Cardiff

I have an interview at Cardiff to attend before I make a decision about Plymouth. Cardiff was my first choice but having spent the day at Plymouth yesterday, I found I really liked the sound of their course. I shall wait and see.

Feeling a bit shocked. :shock:
User avatar
hannah0120
 
Posts: 43
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:41 pm

Re: The Great Big Progress Thread for 2017 entry DClinPsy

Postby Cornishclare » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:25 pm

Did they ring or email?
I am waiting to here too :shock:
Cornishclare
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:54 pm

Postby joey2kuk » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:08 pm

We'll done Hannah and good luck in Cardiff. Waiting (Im)patiently for results from Plymouth. Eek!

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
joey2kuk
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:08 am

Re: The Great Big Progress Thread for 2017 entry DClinPsy

Postby YellowNutshell » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:21 pm

hannah0120 wrote:I have just heard back from Plymouth with good news..

Bangor
Canterbury

Plymouth
Cardiff

I have an interview at Cardiff to attend before I make a decision about Plymouth. Cardiff was my first choice but having spent the day at Plymouth yesterday, I found I really liked the sound of their course. I shall wait and see.

Feeling a bit shocked. :shock:



Congratulations! That was a speedy decision. I'm also waiting after interviewing yesterday...didn't expect them to get back so quickly so feel on edge now, although I'm not expecting a place as my interview wasn't as good as I hoped.

When are you interviewing in Cardiff? I might see you there!
YellowNutshell
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:01 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Clinical Doctorate Application Process

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests