5 things I'm thinking today. . .

For anything not related to psychology

Re: 5 things I'm thinking today. . .

Postby lakeland » Thu May 18, 2017 9:25 am

AnsweringBell wrote:
Randomswirls wrote:1. It's my interview tomorrow and I'm so relieved it's here and almost over I am no longer nervous haha!

2. I found out my grandad is really ill and whilst it's not life threatening he isn't eating etc so it may well become life threatening. I am wondering how much is also being hidden from me because of the interview.

3. It kind of puts everything into perspective that actually the doctorate isn't important and whatever happens tomorrow There is a lot more to my life than psychology even if at times it's hard to see that.

4. I'd planned a very different evening today but instead I've found myself crying in my hotel room so now I need to go out and experience Liverpool

5. Now to decide what to eat!!

Fingers crossed for a swift recovery for your granddad Random, and I hope today goes amazingly well. You can do it! x

Agreed. You've got this!
lakeland

Postby lingua_franca » Fri May 19, 2017 6:39 pm

Best of luck Random! I was thinking about you today. :D I hope the wait to find out isn't too excruciating!

1.) The violin soloist I heard the other night was so fantastic that I came home wanting to take up violin. Today I had my cello lesson and remembered why I chose cello instead - it may be cumbersome and the focus of every passenger's baleful gaze when I'm on a train, but it feels like an extension of me and I love it.
2.) I can't get the hang of this new piece, though. My hand is trembling with the effort and I keep losing control of the bow, meaning I go very screechy. And the piece is meant to be played almost as loudly as a cello will go. I would feel sorry for the neighbours if their TV wasn't on constantly and they hadn't kept me up until three a.m. having a screaming match, but as it is I'm wondering if I can't use the cello as some sort of aversive behavioural technique to train them to pipe down.
3.) I'm feeling excited and energised about my research again, and looking forward to what fieldwork might bring.
4.) I'm going to a symposium in Norway in the summer and I'm thinking about spending the weekend there rather than coming straight home. Is anyone familiar with Norway?
5.) Time to cook my tea.
"Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
"Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
Piglet was comforted by this.
- A.A. Milne.
lingua_franca

Postby Geishawife » Fri May 19, 2017 7:26 pm

lingua_franca wrote:4.) I'm going to a symposium in Norway in the summer and I'm thinking about spending the weekend there rather than coming straight home. Is anyone familiar with Norway?

I certainly wouldn't say I'm familiar with Norway, but we did a cruise of the fjords a few years ago and it was MAGICAL!! The people are just lovely and the scenery was AYMAYZING!! So, I would say that if you have the chance to stay a few extra days take it!! I very much doubt you will regret it!!
Geishawife
Team Member

Previous

Return to Miscellaneous: Off-topic