Trent Course 2017 *

Discuss the content and style of the different clinical psychology doctoral training courses, the differences between them, placements, teaching, chat to other trainees and connect with other people who have places on the same course

Trent Course 2017 *

Postby Carla » Sat May 27, 2017 4:50 pm

It seems there are a few of us lurking in the background of the forum so I thought I would start a thread so we could all say hello long before the September start if you wanted to.

To those I haven't met or spoken to yet I'm Carla, I interviewed on the Wednesday and I know there are at least 4 of us from that day going to be starting in September :-) So far everyone has been so lovely and I have heard truly great things about the course so I cant wait to start.

I've been offered a Derbyshire contract and I already work in that area and live in Mansfield so no major moves for me. I don't know about anyone else but I am still trying to get my head round the fact that I got offered a place :shock: so congratulations and looking forward to getting to know everyone :P
Carla

Re: Trent Course 2017 *

Postby cm2 » Wed May 31, 2017 11:20 pm

Hi Carla,

Thanks for starting this. :)
I've a Nottingham contract. Unlike yourself I'll be moving up from London for the course. Very excited for the change of scenery and to meet the rest of the trainees.

Chris
cm2

Postby Carla » Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:32 am

Have you spent much time in Notts before? The area is diverse and pretty awesome in my opinion but I guess I might be biased :oops: Depending on where you are thinking of relocating to accommodation is pretty easy to find as Notts has two highly rated universities so lots of opportunities for good shared / student rooms or houses and there is a great bus / tram and train system for getting about especially considering the commute to Lincoln for a few months at the start. I also have a little knowledge of Lincoln uni and the surrounding area as my daughter has just finished her second year there so if I can be of any help when you are thinking of the move feel free to ask :D

Are you going to the Res Fest on the 7th of July :?: It looks like it might be a good opportunity to meet everyone.

Carla
Carla

Postby ClinForensPsy » Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:46 pm

Hi Carla and Chris (and hopefully anyone else to follow),

I'm really pleased to find this thread as I could only see a few posts on the progress feed here and there with Trent featured! My name is Zoe and I interviewed on the Friday.

I live in Nottingham (moved here 8 or so months ago) and have a Nottingham contract. I second what Carla said, it's a pretty awesome area (I'm converted to the East Midlands already, having lived in Kent before).

I am also experiencing disbelief about my training place, but so thrilled and excited for September. I will be going to the Res Fest in July, I think it may start to make this whole thing feel a bit more real for me as well!

Zoe
ClinForensPsy

Postby cm2 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:17 pm

Carla wrote:Have you spent much time in Notts before?

Are you going to the Res Fest on the 7th of July :?: It looks like it might be a good opportunity to meet everyone.

Carla

Nope, so I'm glad to hear such positive reviews! :) I really liked both Lincoln and Nottingham visits during the selection.

I'm actually trying to weigh up whether it would be better to be based in Lincoln for a few months to start with. I just need to travel up and have a look at different areas; as well as meet other people, the Res Fest seems like a perfect opportunity to do that!

ClinForensPsy wrote:I am also experiencing disbelief about my training place, but so thrilled and excited for September.

Congratulations Zoe :) .
cm2

Postby Carla » Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:17 pm

It looks like the ResFest is going to be our chance to meet up, say hello and start to make it all feel very real (which it doesn't for me at the minute).

Congratulations from me too Zoe :D
Carla

Postby Carla » Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:00 am

One of our cohort has set up a facebook page to say hello and get to know each other so I thought I would post the link for anyone that chooses to join :D

https://www.facebook.com/groups/836283053190842/
Carla

Postby ClinForensPsy » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:50 pm

Thank you for this Carla! :D
ClinForensPsy

Return to Clinical Doctorate Courses