Exeter 2017

Discuss the content and style of the different clinical psychology doctoral training courses, the differences between them, placements, teaching, chat to other trainees and connect with other people who have places on the same course

Re: Exeter 2017

Postby southwest1 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:25 pm

I'm also clueless as to where I should be living - do you know how far in advance we find out our first placement?

Getting excited now!
southwest1

Postby Flintstone1989 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:49 pm

southwest1 wrote:I'm also clueless as to where I should be living - do you know how far in advance we find out our first placement?

Getting excited now!

I have no idea! Hopefully soon so we know a little bit of what to expect and where to be - where's your base area?
Flintstone1989

Postby Alexander » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:16 pm

I am a year 1 Exter trainee in the North Devon placement area. Your first-year placements will be child and LD. Due to the paucity of supervisors in North Devon, I have ended up with two placements outside of North Devon. My LD placement was in the IATT team located in Tiverton and Barnstaple, which required travelling to North Devon once a week. My second placement is in Exeter. Year two contains your adult placements. There are plenty of adult supervisors in North Devon so you will very likely be based there for the year. Despite being a North Devon trainee my family and I relocated to Mid Devon, partly for the schools and partly for its proximity to Exeter and the transport links to Barnstaple. I couldn't face the prospect of living in Barnstaple as I'm much more of a city-dweller (he says now thoroughly ensconced in rural life). It's a tough decision to make as you don't know what placements you will get. Good luck with wherever you choose!
Alexander

Postby endedupageek » Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:42 pm

Hi Exeter folks. I'm a 2nd year Plymouth trainee, but have lived in Exeter for the last 18 years and have all Exeter placements. I hope to met some of you as we have a cross uni/cross year social group for all the folks who are on placement in Exeter.
I'm posting as I have a flat for rent in Exeter city centre which might suit someone moving to the area for the course. It's just become available, so before I advertise it I thought I'd ask if any trainees are interested. [Mods - apologies if this is not ok]. Please pm me if interested.
endedupageek

Previous

Return to Clinical Doctorate Courses