UCL Trainee PWP application for September 2017 start

This section is for discussion relating to the Layard report, and subsequent schemes like Improving Access to Psychological Therapies where lower intensity inteventions are offered in primary care

Re: UCL Trainee PWP application for September 2017 start

Postby Kati » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:24 pm

Hi everyone,
I have received an offer from Hammersmith and Fulham, however, they said the HR checks will take a few more weeks. I am thinking of handing in my notice at my current now as I have requested an email offer which they sent and I know that I don't have a criminal background, etc. I'm worried that if I decide to wait for the unconditional offer, I will have to delay my start as their proposed start date is the 6Th of September and I have to give 1 month notice. Anyone in a similar situation? I'm torn because I'm worried about being left without a job but I don't think there could be any issues with the pre-employment checks?
Kati
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:30 pm

Re: UCL Trainee PWP application for September 2017 start

Postby Misfit » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:14 pm

Kati wrote:Hi everyone,
I have received an offer from Hammersmith and Fulham, however, they said the HR checks will take a few more weeks. I am thinking of handing in my notice at my current now as I have requested an email offer which they sent and I know that I don't have a criminal background, etc. I'm worried that if I decide to wait for the unconditional offer, I will have to delay my start as their proposed start date is the 6Th of September and I have to give 1 month notice. Anyone in a similar situation? I'm torn because I'm worried about being left without a job but I don't think there could be any issues with the pre-employment checks?



Congratulations! If I was you I wouldn't give my notice in yet. If I did that I'd be really paranoid and insecure as you'd run the risk of having no job. . It's difficult as it sounds like the pre-employment checks may take a while. Do you have your DBS certificate from your current role? I have a feeling they are valid for 2 years. Your other pre-employment checks would probably be occupational health and references, but surely the references you provided before your interview were fine, otherwise you wouldn't have been interviewed
x
Misfit
 
Posts: 70
Joined: Mon May 16, 2016 10:17 am

Re: UCL Trainee PWP application for September 2017 start

Postby Misfit » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:40 pm

Has anyone heard back from Hounslow yet? x
Misfit
 
Posts: 70
Joined: Mon May 16, 2016 10:17 am

Re: UCL Trainee PWP application for September 2017 start

Postby Kati » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:18 pm

Misfit wrote:
Kati wrote:Hi everyone,
I have received an offer from Hammersmith and Fulham, however, they said the HR checks will take a few more weeks. I am thinking of handing in my notice at my current now as I have requested an email offer which they sent and I know that I don't have a criminal background, etc. I'm worried that if I decide to wait for the unconditional offer, I will have to delay my start as their proposed start date is the 6Th of September and I have to give 1 month notice. Anyone in a similar situation? I'm torn because I'm worried about being left without a job but I don't think there could be any issues with the pre-employment checks?



Congratulations! If I was you I wouldn't give my notice in yet. If I did that I'd be really paranoid and insecure as you'd run the risk of having no job. . It's difficult as it sounds like the pre-employment checks may take a while. Do you have your DBS certificate from your current role? I have a feeling they are valid for 2 years. Your other pre-employment checks would probably be occupational health and references, but surely the references you provided before your interview were fine, otherwise you wouldn't have been interviewed
x

Thank you! Yes, I am a bit paranoid like that but looking at previous years' threads, most people didn't get the unconditional offer until the first week of August and if I waited that long I might not be able to start on the 6th of September which is proposed start date by IAPT. Regarding the DBS, I have one that's less than a year old but I assume they would do their own checks. And it would also be nice to have a break between the 2 jobs as I would like to visit my family abroad before starting.
Kati
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:30 pm

Re: UCL Trainee PWP application for September 2017 start

Postby Leo987 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:20 pm

Not to change the direction of the thread, but could anyone inform me of what building on the UCL campus the lectures/uni work will be held in?

Cheers
Leo987
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:17 am

Re: UCL Trainee PWP application for September 2017 start

Postby Kati » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:39 pm

Leo987 wrote:Not to change the direction of the thread, but could anyone inform me of what building on the UCL campus the lectures/uni work will be held in?

Cheers

You can search for the timetable here https://timetable.ucl.ac.uk/tt/routeTimet.do by typing in the name of the course and it will show the lecture theatres. I'm not sure if it's updated for this year but it seems to be all over the place (I went to UCL for my undergrad and we had our lectures in various buildings as well). The psychology department is divided between Bedford Way and Tottenham Court Road (where the interviews were held) but I think the IAPT office is based in Tottenham Court Road. I hope this helps!
Kati
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:30 pm

Re: UCL Trainee PWP application for September 2017 start

Postby Leo987 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:27 pm

Kati wrote:
Leo987 wrote:Not to change the direction of the thread, but could anyone inform me of what building on the UCL campus the lectures/uni work will be held in?

Cheers


You can search for the timetable here https://timetable.ucl.ac.uk/tt/routeTimet.do by typing in the name of the course and it will show the lecture theatres. I'm not sure if it's updated for this year but it seems to be all over the place (I went to UCL for my undergrad and we had our lectures in various buildings as well). The psychology department is divided between Bedford Way and Tottenham Court Road (where the interviews were held) but I think the IAPT office is based in Tottenham Court Road. I hope this helps!



Thank you! It seems so confusing on the web pages. As someone who is unfamiliar with UCL it's been impossible to nail down the logistics and what building the lectures would be in. I've seen the Anna Freud Centre although that appears to be more child based, the Brain science faculty building etc etc.
Leo987
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:17 am

Re: UCL Trainee PWP application for September 2017 start

Postby shami17 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:22 pm

Congrats all! Anyone going to be based in hillingdon? :)
shami17
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:39 pm

Re: UCL Trainee PWP application for September 2017 start

Postby Meglou » Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:34 pm

Has anyone heard from HR yet? I'm still waiting on written confirmation of my offer.
Meglou
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:56 am

Re: UCL Trainee PWP application for September 2017 start

Postby jason712 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:17 am

I'm still waiting too.
jason712
 
Posts: 83
Joined: Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:04 pm

Re: UCL Trainee PWP application for September 2017 start

Postby Hummingbird » Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:11 pm

I am also still waiting (for UCL confirmation and also from the Trust too).
Hummingbird
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:59 pm

Re: UCL Trainee PWP application for September 2017 start

Postby Meglou » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:04 am

Feels like such a long time to be waiting...
Meglou
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:56 am

Re: UCL Trainee PWP application for September 2017 start

Postby Kati » Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:23 pm

For everyone who has been waiting for confirmation, have you contacted the IAPT service you will be working with? I rung them a few weeks ago and they started the HR checks a few days after my call and now I have received the unconditional offer. It may be different for each service but I was really paranoid because I had to hand in my notice at my current job before they confirmed and they were really nice and understanding of the situation. So if you haven't heard it might be worth giving them a call. I hope this helps!
Kati
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:30 pm

Re: UCL Trainee PWP application for September 2017 start

Postby Meglou » Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:56 pm

Kati wrote:For everyone who has been waiting for confirmation, have you contacted the IAPT service you will be working with? I rung them a few weeks ago and they started the HR checks a few days after my call and now I have received the unconditional offer. It may be different for each service but I was really paranoid because I had to hand in my notice at my current job before they confirmed and they were really nice and understanding of the situation. So if you haven't heard it might be worth giving them a call. I hope this helps!


Thanks Kati. I have contacted the service now so just waiting for an update. Havering HR didn't seem to have a record of me, so slightly worrying. Just hoping I hear something soon as I still need to hand my notice in.
Meglou
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:56 am

Re: UCL Trainee PWP application for September 2017 start

Postby Kati » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:44 pm

Meglou wrote:
Kati wrote:For everyone who has been waiting for confirmation, have you contacted the IAPT service you will be working with? I rung them a few weeks ago and they started the HR checks a few days after my call and now I have received the unconditional offer. It may be different for each service but I was really paranoid because I had to hand in my notice at my current job before they confirmed and they were really nice and understanding of the situation. So if you haven't heard it might be worth giving them a call. I hope this helps!


Thanks Kati. I have contacted the service now so just waiting for an update. Havering HR didn't seem to have a record of me, so slightly worrying. Just hoping I hear something soon as I still need to hand my notice in.


I had the exact same thing, people at HR had no idea who I was when I called. I think there is just some delays with processing paperwork because after I called the IAPT service itself, they put me in touch with the appointing manager and it took about a week after that for HR to contact me.
Kati
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:30 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Improving Access to Psychological Therapies: IAPT

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

new issue of aspire out