Zero Hour Contract

Discuss applications to the clearing house (and to courses that are not in the clearing house system), screening assessments, interviews, reserve lists, places, etc. here

Zero Hour Contract

Postby Rachelmc23 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:20 pm

Hi All,

Apologies if this has been asked before.

I'm in the process of completing my application for clinical training. I have worked as a HCA on a bank basis for the past two years now, alongside a full-time job. On the application form, it asks how many hours per week I have done as a HCA.

I'm unsure what to put as some weeks I can do up to 30 hours, others i'll do none... I was thinking I could go back through the shifts i've worked and then work out the average?

Any advice?

Thanks!
"So often we become so focused on the finish line that we fail to enjoy the journey"

-Dieter F. Uchtdorf.
Rachelmc23

Re: Zero Hour Contract

Postby firegal » Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:46 pm

That's pretty much what I did. It was a little easier for me because I worked during holidays so I knew I worked 40-60 hours a week for how ever many weeks there were across xmas, easter and summer holidays from uni. I think I assumed (45 hours x the number of weeks) divided by 52, and then noted in the job description bit that it was bank work.

There is some specific guidance on what to do if you do bank work but I cannot remember where it is.
firegal

Postby Alexander » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:49 am

Calculate the average or estimate to the best of your ability.
Alexander

Postby Rachelmc23 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:43 pm

Thank you both for your replies! I'll calculate the average!
"So often we become so focused on the finish line that we fail to enjoy the journey"

-Dieter F. Uchtdorf.
Rachelmc23

Return to Clinical Doctorate Application Process