Any current Bath trainees?

Discuss the content and style of the different clinical psychology doctoral training courses, the differences between them, placements, teaching, chat to other trainees and connect with other people who have places on the same course

Any current Bath trainees?

Postby Polka » Thu May 25, 2017 5:29 pm

Hello, I wondered if any Bath trainees would be so kind as to help with some questions I have. I do realise how lucky I am to have an offer. I am having a hard time deciding between accepting it and relocating to Bath/Bristol with my husband and a baby, or trying again next year somewhere more local...

1. Where about in Bristol and Bath do trainees generally live in?

2. Do trainees who live in Bristol drive or take the train to Bath on uni days? I heard the traffic can be quite bad...

3. I understand that the course covers a large area, but are the Bristol/Bath placements concentrated in any particular area? For example, it looks like a few services are based at Southmead hospital/North Bristol? Do you get given a list of all the placement locations?

4. How is travel expense calculated?

5. Are uni days usually 9 to 5, two days a week?

6. I understand that there are no set weekly study days. How much study time do you get?

7. Any current trainees successfully juggling childcare and training? I am worried how I'd cope with a one-year-old in tow. (Husband will be in full-time work and we don't know anyone in the area).

Many thanks in advance. Any other thoughts/advice welcome!
Polka

Re: Any current Bath trainees?

Postby Lilly » Thu May 25, 2017 6:38 pm

Hi polka, I have PMd you!
Forever blowing bubbles....
Lilly

Postby MissEleanor » Fri May 26, 2017 6:50 pm

Hi Polka,
Just to say that I also had a number of questions about the Bath course as I have to work out what to do about commuting/relocating and I called the programme manager directly (her tel number is in the offer email) and she was incredibly helpful. I would highly recommend this - she was very understanding and happy to chat with me for a while.
Best wishes,
Eleanor
MissEleanor

Postby Polka » Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:43 pm

Thank you both!
Polka

Postby Syd2816 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:51 pm

Hi everyone,

Just wondered if you could public post some of the answers as I have some of the same questions as i'm considering applying to bath this year. I don't want to ring and bother anyone prior to even getting an interview! Thanks :)
Syd2816

Return to Clinical Doctorate Courses