Billing for Time

Issues related to pay, contracts, Agenda for Change, the NHS, the BPS, unions, etc.
benbrand

Billing for Time

Post by benbrand » Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:53 pm

Hi all,

I'm hoping to source some advice from the community regarding billing for time.

I'm working with a psychiatrist part-time, however, there is no fixed amount of time I'm to work with him per day or per week. My payment is dependent on work available threw out the day- I'm primarily involved in triaging, scheduling, and client correspondence. I'm having a little issue working out how I should bill for hours worked? I have a website time counter which helps with me gathering amount of time spent on websites related to this work, which is helpful, but obviously I'm spending time thinking/planning and working on the phones outside of this. Anybody have any experience with this sort of thing with a previous employer?

Thanks!

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
workingmama
Team Member

Re: Billing for Time

Post by workingmama » Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:04 pm

The contract I have for my private hours delineates exactly what I charge for each function, and how that will be added up if it breaks into (say), 15 minutes on this or 30 on that. It would help if you sat down and did similar and then had a chat with your psychiatrist about how you both feel about the contract and whether you still want to take up that work or not based on that conversation.
Fail, fail again, fail better.