Band 7 pay post-tax

Issues related to pay, contracts, Agenda for Change, the NHS, the BPS, unions, etc.
urmaserendipity85

Band 7 pay post-tax

Post by urmaserendipity85 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:30 pm

Hi everyone,
I'm sorry if this has already been asked before. I'm about to qualify and looking to move, and trying to figure out finances. Would anyone be able to answer the following?
1. What is the current monthly band 7 post tax amount excluding other deductions?
2. Does pension contribution/student loan repayment change or not, given that it's not a huge pay increase when you've moved up to the 3rd spine point on band 6?

Thank you! Just thought it was easier to ask people in the know rather than try to work it out myself and getting confused with tax percentages and allowances etc.

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
ILikeBrains

Re: Band 7 pay post-tax

Post by ILikeBrains » Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:24 pm

Hi, don't know if you've seen this before but it might be of help.......http://www.thesalarycalculator.co.uk/, I've used it before to check whether the correct amount of tax was being deducted from my wage. You should just be able to stick in the Band 7 amount and tick the box for student loan (I think there might be a few other deductions you can include), You'll get the net amount including the NI contribution too.

Hope it helps :)

urmaserendipity85

Post by urmaserendipity85 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:37 pm

Thank you, that was really helpful!

EvieG2017

Post by EvieG2017 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:27 pm

Hey,

I'm also about to relocate to the U.K from the U.S and came across this income after tax calculator: http://www.income-tax.co.uk/calculator/40000 it's super useful as it'll literally break everything down so you can calculate your take-home salary after tax.

Hope this has been useful :)