CP posts in the private sector - pay?

Issues related to pay, contracts, Agenda for Change, the NHS, the BPS, unions, etc.
michael2806

CP posts in the private sector - pay?

Post by michael2806 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:58 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm just curious about jobs advertised in the private sector. I saw this one on psychapp:

http://www.psychapp.co.uk/JobSeeker/Sea ... cyID=15388

It states that it's at a band 7 equivalent, however it offers a salary range not typical of a band 7 in the NHS, with a lower starting salary and a higher ceiling. Is there any need for private providers to equal NHS salaries if they are advertising a job as as equivalent to a certain band, or can they basically advertise a job as offering whatever salary they want?

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
miriam
Site Admin

Re: CP posts in the private sector

Post by miriam » Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:00 pm

They can pay whatever they want, and that's their scale closest to Band 7. It isn't far off either end.
Miriam

See my blog at http://clinpsyeye.wordpress.com

michael2806

Post by michael2806 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:19 pm

Ah right, so they have an existing pay structure which has been applied to try and match AfC band 7. Just something to keep in mind when applying for jobs in future!

miriam
Site Admin

Post by miriam » Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:22 pm

Yeah, St Andrews is a large employer and as I understand it they made contracts and salaries parallel to Whitley Council ones (the predecessor to AfC scales in the NHS).
Miriam

See my blog at http://clinpsyeye.wordpress.com

BlueCat
Site Admin

Post by BlueCat » Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:23 pm

It is worth remembering that with private providers you CAN negotiate much more so than in the NHS. I have recently accepted a job with a private provider which was advertised 8a equivalent and I have negotiated a salary somewhere in the middle of 8b.
There's no such thing as bad weather, just the wrong clothes. Billy Connolly.

BlueCat
Site Admin

Re: CP posts in the private sector - pay?

Post by BlueCat » Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:14 pm

There has been a post regarding this recently so I'm just bumping this up. May merge the threads shortly :)
There's no such thing as bad weather, just the wrong clothes. Billy Connolly.