Completing the Course Part time

Issues related to pay, contracts, Agenda for Change, the NHS, the BPS, unions, etc.
Sastra

Completing the Course Part time

Post by Sastra » Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:03 pm

I returned to my final year of training following a year of maternity. I wondered whether anyone has had any experience of completing 3rd year part time? Of course I will speak to my course, but I wondered whether this is something that has ever been considered/approved.
"If we knew what we were doing, it wouldn't be called research, would it?" - Albert Einstein.

alexh

Re: Completing the Course Part time

Post by alexh » Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:52 pm

Yes, it has.

astra

Post by astra » Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:48 am

I just put an answer on the other thread about this. I have been there, done that and got the T-shirt. I can assure you there is family life after training. And in fact during training. see the other thread for how I did it.
From the point of view of mindfulness, as long as you're breathing there's more right with you than wrong with you. Jon Kabat-Zinn

han10

Post by han10 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:18 am

Yes - most on our course who have come back after maternity leave have come back part time. Everyone's arrangement is different but the course have been very accomodating. Most work three days a week, one is working four days a week at the moment. Do talk to your course.

Good luck and keep going xxx