A little success over poor supervision

Issues related to pay, contracts, Agenda for Change, the NHS, the BPS, unions, etc.
firegal
Team Member

A little success over poor supervision

Post by firegal » Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:48 am

Hello all,

It's been a while, initially I was getting myself settled into my new job, and then my new house, but all things are going quite well and I thought it was worth sharing an update.

Some of you may remember my posts and occasional vents in the chat room regarding my previous AP job (with a private company, not NHS) and a truly awful supervisor. Well with your support and reassurance that this wasn't normal, nor was it me simply "failing to cope" (as I occasionally thought) I put in a formal complaint. It took a long time for them to complete their investigation but I did recently get the results through and as a result of my complaint they are finally putting in formal procedures regarding supervision of APs. Now of course this should have been in place before, but it is a little victory. Where the supervisor was concerned they were quite vague, but said it was being dealt with through the appropriate channels. At least though I know that if the next AP is unlucky enough to have a similar experience there should now be an easier system to follow and a much easier way of reporting it, not to mention if it happens with the same supervisor there will all ready be my account against them.

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone for their support when this was happening, there were many points when I was truly miserable and it was largely the kind words and straight talking members of this forum who kept me from thinking it was just that I wasn't cut out to be an AP :)

(I think this has been kept vague enough to prevent identification of companies or individuals, but if the mods think not please change it)

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
lakeland

Re: A little success over poor supervision

Post by lakeland » Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:52 am

Welcome back Firegal!

I'm glad that things are going so well for you - and good that old work is making things better!

AnonymousMouse

Post by AnonymousMouse » Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:23 pm

Great to see you back Firegal! I'm really glad that everything has worked out well, and I hope that the new job is everything you hoped it would be :)

Ruthie

Post by Ruthie » Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:07 pm

Welcome back firegal and well done! Hopefully you've pathed the way for better standards for future APs and the people they work with in that organisation.

Ruthie
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken Him completely by surprise.

Biggsy1988

Post by Biggsy1988 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:29 am

Welcome back firegal :)

Good to hear about the outcome of this and that everything is on the up for you
When it comes to dreams one may falter, but the only way to fail is to abandon them - Alexander Grayson (Dracula 2013)