Unsure of the future

Issues related to pay, contracts, Agenda for Change, the NHS, the BPS, unions, etc.
Dreamer86

Unsure of the future

Post by Dreamer86 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:09 pm

Hi all,

Was just wondering if anyone could help me out with some advice or pointers on how to handle my current situation.

I currently work in the private sector as an assistant psychologist in a BPD ward. I work under the supervision of a clinical psychologist who also works on another ward within the unit. Due to the small size of the unit we are the only two in the psychology team. I'm comfortable with my role and work within my limits and capabilities. I really enjoy my role and adore the team I work with despite occasional differences. The clinical psychologist informed me that she has been offered another job and is not sure if she will be accepting the job. If she does accept the job which I think she will I'm not sure where this will leave me. I know that I will not be able to continue to do the majority of the work that I do now especially without clinical supervision and essentially feel that if she accepts the new post I will be losing my job. I'm not sure how to handle this situation or what to do next and truthfully speaking I don't want to leave the role.

Any advice or suggestions any one has would be really appreciated. Sorry for the long ramblings
Be the change you want to see in the world - Ghandi

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
daydreambeliever

Re: Unsure of the future

Post by daydreambeliever » Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:44 pm

Do you know whether your supervisor will be replaced if/when she leaves? I would imagine if there's only one CP in the team there might be a need to replace her, and if so you could be supervised by the replacement? If you don't know, I would think it would be reasonable to ask?