A small amount of private work

Issues related to pay, contracts, Agenda for Change, the NHS, the BPS, unions, etc.
Sastra

A small amount of private work

Post by Sastra » Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:25 pm

Evening all. It's been a while since I've been on this wonderful site!

I was just wondering whether any qualified CPs have done any private work. It something I'm thinking of (an afternoon a week, or so), but know little about what the overheads would be.

A bit of personal background: I love in London and have a toddler. I'd like to do a bit of private work to allow me to works 4 days a week in my main job (3rd sector) but have a bit more time with my daughter. I'd be really interested to hear from others who've done something similar.
"If we knew what we were doing, it wouldn't be called research, would it?" - Albert Einstein.

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
astra

Re: A small amount of private work

Post by astra » Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:22 pm

This has been discussed a bit in the qualified section. If you are now qualified you should contact Miriam to get access to that section - It's where we discuss issues that would bore, frighten or otherwise offend the regular users of the site :wink: Actually it's fairly quiet in the Qualified section but there are some useful threads.
From the point of view of mindfulness, as long as you're breathing there's more right with you than wrong with you. Jon Kabat-Zinn