Any success for tax refund while training?

Issues related to pay, contracts, Agenda for Change, the NHS, the BPS, unions, etc.
lakeland

Re: Any sucess for tax refund while training?

Post by lakeland » Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:38 am

workingmama wrote:
lakeland wrote:I've sat with this for a while, but please can someone correct the typo in the title? :lol:
Please don't. I want to see how long Lakeland can go without actually bursting. :lol:
I've lasted since February 2015 so far! Pretty proud of myself!

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
BenJMan

Post by BenJMan » Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:31 am

lakeland wrote:
workingmama wrote:
lakeland wrote:I've sat with this for a while, but please can someone correct the typo in the title? :lol:
Please don't. I want to see how long Lakeland can go without actually bursting. :lol:
I've lasted since February 2015 so far! Pretty proud of myself!
Done, sadly it doesn't change every response post since then :( :(
I think a hero is any person really intent on making this a better place for all people ~ Maya Angelou.

BlossomBee

Re: Any success for tax refund while training?

Post by BlossomBee » Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:34 pm

Hi Everyone,

This is really useful information particularly when knowing budgets for rent.

Does anyone know how this will affect trainees starting at Leeds in October 2016?

Pixie

Post by Pixie » Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:53 pm

I don't know about Leeds, specifically, but was informed today by Taunton and Somerset Trust that the right tax codes should be in place prior to October so that trainees shouldn't pay tax for the duration of training. They weren't able to say about NI and following phone calls to the Widening Access department at HRMC, I was told to check with my trust as apparently some trusts exclude NI and some don't. One HMRC staff member in the NI department told me that NI can only be claimed back at the end of each tax year rather than trainees being exempt at the start - not sure how true this is as PhD students on bursaries are exempt form both from the outset. So confusing!

astra

Post by astra » Sun Jul 31, 2016 11:54 pm

BlossomBee wrote:Hi Everyone,

This is really useful information particularly when knowing budgets for rent.

Does anyone know how this will affect trainees starting at Leeds in October 2016?

If you ring payroll at Leeds Teaching Hospitals Trust and speak to Wendy Green, she's really helpful and knows all about WAT.
From the point of view of mindfulness, as long as you're breathing there's more right with you than wrong with you. Jon Kabat-Zinn

BenJMan

Post by BenJMan » Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:47 pm

BenJMan wrote:Call yesterday to confirm they are processing my application and i should hear about NI within 3 weeks, tax within 16. Took a complaint email to raise that I had been waiting initially since Feb 2015 (with some negotiating with trust inbetween), but finally movement!
22 working days since they told me it would be maximum 15 working days.. still waiting.. small gripe but I just want it done with :(
I think a hero is any person really intent on making this a better place for all people ~ Maya Angelou.

redheadgingerbread

Post by redheadgingerbread » Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:10 pm

Hi, can anyone please post a link for the form? This may cover me for both my nurse training and my Cbt training! Thanks.

BlueCat
Site Admin

Post by BlueCat » Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:02 pm

There isn't a form, either your Trust calims on your behalf, or you need to put together your own claim. Sorry. My Trust is claiming on my behalf so I haven't had experience of claiming on my own behalf. As far as I understand it, you need to be able to provide evidence of full time study, and evidence of concurrent NHS employment, and many people have sent their P60s, but I don't think you really need to do this as the tax office has all this info anyway. Good luck!
There's no such thing as bad weather, just the wrong clothes. Billy Connolly.

BlueCat
Site Admin

Post by BlueCat » Thu Sep 15, 2016 2:22 pm

Well, I've had confirmation of a national insurance refund, cheque to follow, and it states that tax calculations and refund will follow. This was from a cohort claim put through by my Trust, and seems to have come only a little after an individual claim put through by someone in my cohort. I didn't complain, or try to hurry things up, so the processes are happening.
There's no such thing as bad weather, just the wrong clothes. Billy Connolly.

Princess86

Post by Princess86 » Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:43 pm

Our Trust submitted in June and I've just got all my cheques back, NI first, then tax a couple of weeks ago.

strawberrys

Post by strawberrys » Sat Oct 15, 2016 6:09 pm

Can I ask how much of a tax rebate people got back? I have just received a letter from hmrc that I will be getting national insurance contributions back and just wondered about the tax rebate, thanks

Princess86

Post by Princess86 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:57 pm

Mine was around 6400 for NI and 12,500 for tax. Hope that helps.

strawberrys

Post by strawberrys » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:13 pm

Thanks

Ppepper25

Post by Ppepper25 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:42 pm

Is it correct that the tax refund is only for those courses that started before March 2013? If so, why is that?

bluegoat

Post by bluegoat » Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:44 pm

Ppepper25 wrote:Is it correct that the tax refund is only for those courses that started before March 2013? If so, why is that?
Because the scheme ended in March 2013.

http://cmmncte.mass1.com/campaigns/5485 ... iew_online