LD reading for HCPC eval?

Issues related to pay, contracts, Agenda for Change, the NHS, the BPS, unions, etc.
huwtube

LD reading for HCPC eval?

Post by huwtube » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:04 pm

Hi all,

The latest stage in my HCPC accreditation with a qualification from abroad is invitation to a 90 minute oral exam which will focus on Learning Disability and clinical audit. I want to do some preparatory reading but I am aware there is some discrepancy between the US and UK in terms of "core texts" on various topics (e.g. The go to formulation book here is Tracey Eells, as opposed to Johnstone and Dallos). I wonder if anyone has any book/paper recommendations on the topic of learning disabilities for clinical psychologists?

Many thanks in advance.
Some people are different from the rest of us, and so are the rest of us.

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
maven
Site Admin

Re: LD reading for HCPC eval?

Post by maven » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:10 pm

I think Eric Emerson was the go to guy in the field of intellectual disability.
Maven.

Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something - Plato
The fool thinks himself to be wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool - Shakespeare

huwtube

Re: LD reading for HCPC eval?

Post by huwtube » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:32 pm

Thanks Maven :-)
Some people are different from the rest of us, and so are the rest of us.