How long to wait for HR to contact me?

Issues related to pay, contracts, Agenda for Change, the NHS, the BPS, unions, etc.
Crina44

How long to wait for HR to contact me?

Post by Crina44 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:04 pm

Last Friday I interviewed for an NHS Assistant Psychologist post and was given a verbal offer, but I am still waiting for HR to contact me regarding the DBS check and everything else. I am getting a bit anxious about this, because in my previous experience I was always contacted promptly by HR, and I am also leaving the country for a few weeks next Tuesday, so I won't be able to be here to sort out any paperwork etc. Should I reach out to the interviewer to say that I still haven't heard from anyone?

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
ell

Re: How long to wait for HR to contact me?

Post by ell » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:15 pm

Have you ever worked for the NHS before? This is not surprising or unusual at all. It may be 3 days since you were offered the post, but most of that was the weekend! It may be that the interviewer hasn't let HR know yet. Or they work part time. Or just that HR haven't got round to you on their to do list yet. However, given you are out of the country soon, it might be worth getting in touch with the interviewer/HR to explain that you need to get going with the paperwork quickly. They will likely want you to start sooner rather than later, so I would think they would try their best to get things moving.

Cher92

Re: How long to wait for HR to contact me?

Post by Cher92 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:34 pm

HR hasn't been the speediest in the NHS for me. It look me 3 months to start my first position because of difficulties in getting a HR appointment and my Health and Wellbeing review (bloody test etc...)

If you're worried on timing, I would just email your contact to confirm what you've heard or not heard and that you'll be unavailable till ENTER DATE HERE.

Like ell said they want you to start. Just might be a bit of unfortunate timing right now with the holidays and people taking A/L.