Occupational health issue

Issues related to pay, contracts, Agenda for Change, the NHS, the BPS, unions, etc.
Dv8

Occupational health issue

Post by Dv8 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:11 am

I am a recent psychology graduate who has decided to go into mental health nursing. I have a place for September and am going through the pre-checks. I have seen a occupational health doctor who has concerns about my fitness, as I have EUPD. Unfortunately I took an overdose in June, so it is not looking good. The OH doctor has requested medical information from my GP. No one has really helped me understand the process. Will I lose my place on the course?

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
Iggy1

Re: Occupational health issue

Post by Iggy1 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:13 pm

Hi, sorry I can't really help with what to expect from OH going forward but I just wanted to say I'm sorry to hear this. It sounds like you haven't been in a good place if you took an overdose recently so I'd want you to focus on getting well and making sure you're feeling robust enough to under take the stress and pressure of a uni course. Could it be an option to defer?