Availability of band 7 posts

Issues related to pay, contracts, Agenda for Change, the NHS, the BPS, unions, etc.
Alberta

Availability of band 7 posts

Post by Alberta » Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:04 am

I was just wondering (given the recent cuts in the NHS) how soon-to-be-qualifieds are finding the job market? Are people getting the jobs they want or are they having to move to find a job? I can imagine that people are having to work in their 2nd or 3rd choice specialty if they can't move area.

I had a quick look at the types of jobs around the other day and they seem to be pretty scarce! Are posts normally filled internally or aren't there many jobs?

I'm thinking WAY ahead (only starting training this Autumn) but I can't see there being more jobs in 3 years time :(

BlueCat
Site Admin

Post by BlueCat » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:56 am

It doesn't seem to be too bad, taken generally. Certainly by me there are still posts unfilled, although not in the more popular specialities or in the more popular locations (so child in a city would be highly competitive, other specialty in small town may remain unfilled). So, if you are willing to move, or willing to be entirely flexible about which specialty you will work in, you should be OK.
There's no such thing as bad weather, just the wrong clothes. Billy Connolly.

Bella

Post by Bella » Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:44 am

Most people I know who are coming off of courses this year have posts. It's not too bad at the moment.