Female Research Participants Needed!

Ask here about academic and research issues, like designing studies, recruiting participants, choosing statistics, submitting for publication, etc.
ebp2104

Female Research Participants Needed!

Post by ebp2104 » Thu May 24, 2018 8:00 pm

Hi everyone,

I am an MSc student currently in need of participants for my thesis project, which is an investigation into the role of atypical visual cues in body image distortion. My project supervisor is Professor Piers Cornelissen. My study has received full ethical approval from Northumbria University Psychology Department Research Ethics Committee, which includes permission to recruit participants through online platforms.

To be eligible for participation, you must be:

-Female (assigned at birth)
- Aged 18-35
- Have no history of an eating disorder
- Have normal or corrected to normal vision

Participation would involve attending a 2hr lab session at Northumbria University during which participants will be required to:

- Have their height and weight measured
- Complete questionnaires designed to assess mood, self-esteem and body shape concerns
- Complete two size estimation tasks
- Complete additional size estimation tasks either with or without eye-tracking.

If anyone lives in the Newcastle area and is interested in taking part, please email: Emily-beth.patton@northumbria.ac.uk, and I will send you my information sheet.

Thanks,

Emily

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf