Dermatology studies

Ask here about academic and research issues, like designing studies, recruiting participants, choosing statistics, submitting for publication, etc.
graduateak

Dermatology studies

Post by graduateak » Thu May 08, 2014 10:56 pm

Hi, I have a PhD interview next week and would be really greatful if anyone could let me kow if they have access to any of the below. Thanks :D

Shah R, Thompson AR, Hunt J & Webb TL (2014) Starting to develop self-help for social anxiety associated with vitiligo: Using clinical significance to measure the potential effectiveness of enhanced psychological self-help.. Br J Dermatol.

Muftin Z & Thompson AR (2013) A systematic review of self-help for disfigurement: Effectiveness, usability, and acceptability. Body Image, 10(4), 442-450.

Lavda AC, Webb TL & Thompson AR (2012) A meta-analysis of the effectiveness of psychological interventions for adults with skin conditions.. Br J Dermatol, 167(5), 970-979.

Lavda AC & Thompson AR (2010) Psychosocial impact of skin conditions: Interventions for nurses.. Dermatological Nursing, 9, 38-41.

This one also looks helpful

Harper D & Thompson AR (2011) Qualitative Research Methods in Mental Health and Psychotherapy: A Guide for Students and Practitioners. Qualitative Research Methods in Mental Health and Psychotherapy: A Guide for Students and Practitioners.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.” ― Albert Einstein.

bex4010

Re: Dermatology studies

Post by bex4010 » Fri May 09, 2014 12:32 pm

I have access to these:

Shah R, Thompson AR, Hunt J & Webb TL (2014) Starting to develop self-help for social anxiety associated with vitiligo: Using clinical significance to measure the potential effectiveness of enhanced psychological self-help.. Br J Dermatol.

Muftin Z & Thompson AR (2013) A systematic review of self-help for disfigurement: Effectiveness, usability, and acceptability. Body Image, 10(4), 442-450.

This one was available free via here:

http://www.ingentaconnect.com/content/b ... 4/art00005

Lavda AC & Thompson AR (2010) Psychosocial impact of skin conditions: Interventions for nurses.. Dermatological Nursing, 9, 38-41.

PM me your email address and I will send them across.

Bex4010

sarahg

Post by sarahg » Fri May 09, 2014 1:24 pm

I wonder who your potential supervisor is :mrgreen:

I have access to:
Lavda AC, Webb TL & Thompson AR (2012) A meta-analysis of the effectiveness of psychological interventions for adults with skin conditions.. Br J Dermatol, 167(5), 970-979.

Also I recently had a successful PhD interview so if you have any questions feel free to PM me.
However, good luck!

graduateak

Post by graduateak » Sat May 10, 2014 11:08 am

Hi Sarahg and Bex2040,

Thank you both :-) great to have support, I will take you up on the kind offers.

Haha I assume you can guess the supervisor and the general topic of the PhD.

Oooo Sarahg big congrats on the PhD offer :-) I would definately like to have some hepful interview advice :D
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.” ― Albert Einstein.