'GCP Training'

Ask here about academic and research issues, like designing studies, recruiting participants, choosing statistics, submitting for publication, etc.
Wychelm

'GCP Training'

Post by Wychelm » Tue May 27, 2014 12:51 pm

Afternoon folks, I recently emailed a CP in the trust I work in to ask if I can join in on one of her research projects collecting data etc. She has agreed to let me do so but want to send me on 'GCP' training beforehand. Has anyone done this or know much about it? Her work is internationally recognised and I imagine its something to do with research quality or something? Thanks

enid

Re: 'GCP Training'

Post by enid » Tue May 27, 2014 3:58 pm

Good Clinical Practice I think. I have done it - it is an online course you can do at your desk. Takes 3 hours I think. Look at the NIHR website for details.

ell

Post by ell » Tue May 27, 2014 5:30 pm

I did a day's course with my trust when I was going to be getting involved with research in my last post. Can't remember much of it, but I remember it was something about running good research projects. A lot of adminny type stuff, but important nonetheless to maintain rigour and control in research. Something to put on your CV/mention at interview, if you ever apply for a research related job.

Loula

Post by Loula » Tue May 27, 2014 5:53 pm

My training course required that we'd done the GCP training within the last 3 years. It was online and didn't take very long- it was mainly focussed on research governance.

Aoifleur

Post by Aoifleur » Wed May 28, 2014 4:15 pm

Hi,

I had to complete GCP training for research I'm conducting in the NHS. The course I did was provided by the NHS on site and last about 3 hours. It was mostly about ethical practice and informed consent, nothing particularly new to me but as others have said useful to have a certificate for CPD/CVs.
"Psychologists are just people who weren't smart enough to be psychics"

- Gina Linetti, Brooklyn Nine-Nine