Research: Psychological Therapy in HM Prison Service

Ask here about academic and research issues, like designing studies, recruiting participants, choosing statistics, submitting for publication, etc.
fayetjie

Research: Psychological Therapy in HM Prison Service

Post by fayetjie » Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:42 am

[b]Research: Psychological Therapy in HM Prison Service[/b]
This research is interested in the counselling and therapy services offered to offenders whilst they are in prison and how both professionals’ and clients’ perceive them. We are looking for applied psychologists (Counselling, Clinical, and Forensic) and counsellors and psychotherapists to offer their opinions and perceptions of providing psychological therapy in prisons. You may be accredited, qualified, or in training and have had past or current experience of offering psychological therapeutic interventions to offenders’ in prison.

[b]About the researchers: [/b]
My name is Faye and I am currently in further training as a Counselling Psychologist at the University of Wolverhampton and I am a qualified Counsellor. The research team consists of myself and my supervisors Dr Coral Dando and Dr Naill Galbraith.

If you are interested in taking part we will arrange a research meeting; this may be face-to-face, over the telephone, or via Skype. There will be an opportunity to discuss the details of the research, answer any questions, and participate in a semi-structured interview (lasting around 60-minutes): This will be audio-recorded, transcribed, and analysed. Due to the nature and context of this research, we will follow strict guidelines on confidentiality and anonymity. Including the anonymisation of any information pertaining to your identity, the identity of other people, and identifiable information around prison establishments. The University of Wolverhampton School of Applied Sciences has given ethical approval for this research and the National Offender Management Service (NOMS) National Research Committee has approved in principle the recruitment of offenders’ in prison. 

Please contact me on 07713 450546 or email me at f.volker@wlv.ac.uk for more information.

Many thanks for your time 

Faye Volker