Participants Needed - Masters Thesis

Ask here about academic and research issues, like designing studies, recruiting participants, choosing statistics, submitting for publication, etc.
Julianna

Participants Needed - Masters Thesis

Post by Julianna » Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:37 pm

Hi, My name is Julianna and I am doing a MSc in Forensic Psychology at the University of Lincoln. I'm looking for as many participants as possible.The topic is regarding attitudes towards sex offenders and the content is a rather sensitive nature.

Here is the link to the online study : https://lincolnpsych.eu.qualtrics.com/S ... 9Q6j4OSZQ9

It should take no more than 10 mins and is open to anybody, of all ages/gender/ethnicity.

I really appreciate your help!

Julianna

Dragonfly

Re: Participants Needed - Masters Thesis

Post by Dragonfly » Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:47 pm

Interesting study. Thanks Julianna.

BenJMan

Post by BenJMan » Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:28 pm

Could you please make sure your post has the following:
- Your name and a means of contacting you (normally this should be given on the website of your questionnaire, which will allow you to keep some anonymity here, but please consider any issues that revealing your identity to participants will create)
- Your affiliation (e.g. your university)
- If you're a student, who is supervising you
- Who has given ethical approval for your study
- An outline of the study and who you would like to participate
If you need help adding those things just post them below and a mod will integrate them it to your first post.

That said I completed it and it was interesting.

The only thing I would note ( as ever with these kinda of studies) is that your participant pool is probably likely to skew your results.. So for exaple if you get a lot of people from this forum, they will have a high tendency to believe in the power of therapy, but Im sure you know that :)
I think a hero is any person really intent on making this a better place for all people ~ Maya Angelou.

Julianna

Post by Julianna » Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:40 pm

Thanks !
I've also posted it on other forumns so hopefully the participant pool will be wider
Regarding the more administrative bits, I have all that info (except my name as I am not comfortable putting that out there) on the participant information first page of the study. Did you mean to put it in this post, like to accompany the link to my study?

BenJMan

Post by BenJMan » Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:10 pm

Julianna wrote: Did you mean to put it in this post, like to accompany the link to my study?
Yes please :) Only the basic info, just a few lines.
I think a hero is any person really intent on making this a better place for all people ~ Maya Angelou.

Gilly

Post by Gilly » Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:45 pm

done :)
You're not calling for help, are you?! ;)

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity" - Abraham Lincoln.