Participants needed:Women role in men's mental health

Ask here about academic and research issues, like designing studies, recruiting participants, choosing statistics, submitting for publication, etc.
laurenr

Participants needed:Women role in men's mental health

Post by laurenr » Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:09 pm

Hello, I'm Lauren Rooney (l.rooney@surrey.ac.uk) and I am doing my DClinPsy at the University of Surrey.

I am looking for women over the age of 18 to interview about their experiences of supporting their male partner to seek help for their mental health. If you have been concerned about the mental wellbeing of a man you are currently, or have previously been in a relationship with, and had discussions with this partner about their mental health, I would like to interview you about this. It is not important whether or not the man sought help from a professional after your communications, only that there was some communication around the mental health concern.

You will be asked to come to The University of Surrey for the interview, or I can meet you in another location if more convenient. If you do not live in the area of Surrey, Hampshire or West Sussex, the interview can be conducted via Skype or telephone. The interviews will take around 30-45 minutes in which we will have a conversation about your experience of communicating to your partner about his mental health.

For more information please visit http://www.mensmentalhealthtalk.com where there are links to the social media sites, further participant information sheets and a form to register interest.

This study has gained approval from The University of Surrey ethics committee.

Thanks very much

marsupialmama

Re: Participants needed:Women role in men's mental health

Post by marsupialmama » Sun Apr 05, 2015 2:10 pm

PMed you.

marsupialmama

Re: Participants needed:Women role in men's mental health

Post by marsupialmama » Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:15 pm

hi, I tried to reply to your message three times, but they are all showing in outbox and not moving. Sure it will be sorted soon, sorry about delay.