Female participants required for online study

Ask here about academic and research issues, like designing studies, recruiting participants, choosing statistics, submitting for publication, etc.
CatherineL

Female participants required for online study

Post by CatherineL » Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:23 pm

Hi everyone,

My name is Catherine and I am currently a MA Research Methods (Developmental Psychology) student at Durham University.

I am conducting a study on cooperative and competitive behaviours amongst individuals.

Firstly I am looking for participants from individuals who have not had children. Secondly I am recruiting participants who have at least one child of primary school age. Both studies involve an online questionnaire which will take about 10-15 minutes to complete.

There is more information in the links, including my contact details along with my supervisor (Dr Debbie Riby’s) details. I would be more than happy to inform you of the findings once the research is complete.

This study has been granted ethical approval by the Durham University Psychology Department Ethics Board.

The link for participation if you do not have children is:

https://durham.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/studentsurvey

And if you have children:

https://durham.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/competitivemothering

Thank you,
Catherine

CatherineL

Re: Participants required for online study

Post by CatherineL » Sun Jun 14, 2015 3:11 pm

Thank you so much to everyone who has filled out my questionnaire already.

Apologies for not stating it clearly in my previous post, but this study is looking at women only.

Thank you!

dragonfly16

Re: Female participants required for online study

Post by dragonfly16 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:56 am

Thanks for your study. Just a possible critique for your write up:
It appears that the study is based on the assumption that women will definitely want to go on to have children and it does not seem to take into account women who have made the choice not to have children. I wonder if there would be any difference in results for people who are planning on not having children.