Students needed for doctoral research!

Ask here about academic and research issues, like designing studies, recruiting participants, choosing statistics, submitting for publication, etc.
Watson

Students needed for doctoral research!

Post by Watson » Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:44 am

Hi all my name is Alessia and I’m a trainee clinical psychologist at the University of East London (UEL). I’m currently recruiting for my doctoral thesis :D ! I’m looking for current undergraduate or postgraduate students to take part in my research.

The study aims to explore the use of imagery on attitudes. This information will help us to think about and develop interventions to improve public attitude and reduce prejudice experienced by particular social groups.

If you agree to take part you will be asked to:
- Watch a 2 minute film
- Take part in a 5 minute imagination task
- Fill out a questionnaire asking you about your attitudes and feelings

The study will take no more than 15 minutes in total. There are no risks involved in taking part of this study. However, the study requires meeting in person so we will have to arrange a convenient time/place to do this.

I originally posted on the forum in October and was only looking for UEL students, however, I have now been granted ethical approval to use students at any institution.

Please get in contact if you would like more information about the study and/or would like to participate: imageryonattitudes@gmail.com.

I am being supervised by Lara Frumkin (Research / supervisory tutor) at UEL and Dr Katrina Scior (Senior Lecturer in the Research Department of Clinical, Educational & Health Psychology) at University College London. The Research Ethics Committee of the School of Psychology, University of East London has approved the study, including consent to recruit via the internet.