Beyond Diagnosis in practice (survey) - 6 days left

Ask here about academic and research issues, like designing studies, recruiting participants, choosing statistics, submitting for publication, etc.
Randall

Beyond Diagnosis in practice (survey) - 6 days left

Post by Randall » Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:06 pm

Hi all - it has been a long time since I have posted on here, so please forgive me, but I am recruiting! :roll:

All of my details are listed in the research materials (the opening page is the participant info sheet). However, for ease of reference:
My name is James Randall-James and I am a 2nd year trainee at Herts. My project is supervised by Helen Ellis-Caird & Lizette Nolte (research team) at Herts, but in terms of content and delivery, I am working with Steven Coles on this (DCP, Beyond Diagnosis group, Nottingham). All ethical approval granted, inc. online recruitment

https://response.questback.com/britishp ... osissurvey

This was an email sent out last week about it:
Thank you to those of you have already completed the below short survey on alternatives to diagnosis in practice. We havehad 207 clinicians complete the survey so far and look forward to analysing the findings in the coming weeks.
For those who have not submitted your experiences yet, please do so by completing the survey before 5pm on Monday, 22nd February 2016 (it will then be closed).

In 2013, the Division of Clinical Psychology (DCP) released a position statement on functional psychiatric. In their Position Statement, the DCP proposed a paradigm shift away from classification based on medical assumptions. The statement identified several concerns about the predominant classification system conceptually, evidentially and its use in practice. In March 2015, the DCP published Guidelines on Language in Relation to Functional Psychiatric Diagnosis to help clinicians think about moving beyond diagnosis in practice. However, to date, no formal process has taken place in order to survey the membership about their use of the guidance, its clinical implication and limitations, and the pertinent areas for future research and development.

You are being invited to take part in a short survey addressing the implementation of the Position Statement and Language guidelines in routine clinical practice. The survey will take approximately 15-20 minutes of your time. Please note that you are not required to have an extensive knowledge of the Statement to participate in this research.

Please click here to open the survey: https://response.questback.com/britishp ... osissurvey

For further information about the research aims, rationale, method and ethical considerations, please refer to the Participant Information Sheet which is available on the opening page of the survey. The study has received ethical approval from the UH Research Ethics Committee, ref: aLMS/PG/UH/00442(1).

It is hoped that this research will elaborate on the impact of the Position Statement and Language guidelines, identifying any progress that has or could be made. The results will be summarised in a doctoral assignment and disseminated through means of presentation, summary report and/or publication in an academic or professional journal.

Thank you for considering this research project and please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any queries about the research.

James Randall James
Trainee Clinical Psychologist, University of Hertfordshire
j.randall-james@herts.ac.uk
&
Dr Steven Coles
Chartered Clinical Psychologist

THANK YOU