Pps wanted - Job satisfaction / resilience online survey

Ask here about academic and research issues, like designing studies, recruiting participants, choosing statistics, submitting for publication, etc.
lucyjhobson

Pps wanted - Job satisfaction / resilience online survey

Post by lucyjhobson » Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:31 pm

Hi,

I'm hoping to recruit some participants for my online survey about job satisfaction (this is being run with Lincoln University as partial completion of my Msc in Forensic Psychology). I'm exploring factors that influence resilience and well-being in the work place. I'm testing the stress shield model of resilience (Paton et al., 2008) that was first developed with police officers and later tested with probation officers. The idea being that these are 'critical' occupations, and that they are likely to have high psychological demands.

There is also a lot of research showing us that psychologists and therapists can be affected psychologically by their work, and I am hoping to see if this model of resilience is valid for other 'critical' occupations. Certain elements of this theory are also less clear, so I am exploring these further. With that in mind, you will be asked to complete a number of standardised scales, but also write a few words or lines for some other questions. (I estimated at 20-30 minutes, although the average so far seems around 15 minutes). You may start the survey and come back to finish it later; you do not need to save. You must however be working from the same computer or device, the same internet browser, and have cookies enabled (just re-click the link and it should take you back to where you left off).

Anyone who is employed can take part in the survey, you do not need to be employed in a 'critical' occupation.

More information is provided when you click on this link.

It’s important that we reach as many people as possible, in a number of different professions. You are therefore invited to share this link with friends and colleagues; you can copy and paste the link. Your answers are very important to us and we appreciate your participation.

Please click on the link:

[removed by moderator]

Thank you so much in advance.

miriam
Site Admin

Re: Pps wanted - Job satisfaction / resilience online survey

Post by miriam » Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:55 am

1. I don't know what Pps means
2. You need to follow our pinned rules to recruit participants here (including giving your name and that of your supervisor, where you have ethics from, and that it covers online recruitment). I've removed your link until these conditions are met.
https://lincolnpsych.eu.qualtrics.com/j ... 7OuilN4fTn
Miriam

See my blog at http://clinpsyeye.wordpress.com

lucyjhobson

Re: Pps wanted - Job satisfaction / resilience online survey

Post by lucyjhobson » Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:02 pm

Thanks Miriam, I was unsure how to edit the original post so have made a new post which includes the information that is required. I hope that's ok. Is it possible to delete this post so that it is not duplicated? Many Thanks, Lucy