Clinical doctorate students needed

Ask here about academic and research issues, like designing studies, recruiting participants, choosing statistics, submitting for publication, etc.
jesshullbcu

Clinical doctorate students needed

Post by jesshullbcu » Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:40 pm

Hi clinpsych forum users,

My name is Jessica Hull and I am a third year BCU psychology student carrying out a dissertation on the wellbeing of clinical doctorate students and I need a lot more participants!

I have received ethical approval from the Birmingham City University ethics committee and my supervisor is Dr Athfah Akhtar for this research project.

The research project is intended to seek out what coping strategies that students undertaking clinical doctorate training are using to prevent the risk of burnout, and whether these coping strategies are successful. The results from this dissertation will help to recommend coping strategies to future students undertaking the clinical psychology doctoral training as well as other professional training courses. Upon consent students will be required to complete two questionnaires, the first is the Maslach Burnout Inventory–Human Services Survey (Maslach, Leiter and Jackson, 1996) designed to measure burnout rate, and a second, the coping strategies questionnaire by Carver et al (1989) which aims to seek out which coping strategies are being used. The questionnaires will take approximately 15 minutes to complete and individuals will be able to complete the questionnaires at their convenience because the questionnaires will be accessed via the Bristol Online Survey Tool.

If any individuals wish to email me at any time, my email is Jessica.hull@mail.bcu.ac.uk

Please follow the link below for the questionnaires,
https://bcu.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/well-being_lifestyle
Last edited by jesshullbcu on Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
maven
Site Admin

Re: Clinical doctorate students needed

Post by maven » Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:29 pm

Hi Jess, It sounds like a good study, and we can tweet out a link to our followers for you. Let us know the results when it is done!
Maven.

Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something - Plato
The fool thinks himself to be wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool - Shakespeare