Is Googling Your Therapist Useful?

Ask here about academic and research issues, like designing studies, recruiting participants, choosing statistics, submitting for publication, etc.
psych0logy

Is Googling Your Therapist Useful?

Post by psych0logy » Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:18 pm

Hello,

I am a Trainee Clinical Psychologist training at The University of Surrey. I am interested in exploring what factors affect the therapeutic relationship in the 21st Century. My current research is specifically looking at the prevalence and impact of Therapist Googling (intentionally or accidentally finding information about your therapist using the internet (through online sources such as social media sites, search engines etc.).
The project is being supervised by Dr Laura Simonds (Principal Supervisor) and Dr Alesia Moulton-Perkins (Co-Supervisor).
The study has been given ethical approval by the University of Surrey Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences (FHMS) Ethics Committee.

You can take part if you:
• Are aged 18 or over
• Have access to a device connected to the internet
• Can read and write English
• Have attended at least one session with a psychological professional e.g. Counsellor/Psychologist/Psychiatrist/Psychotherapist/Psychological wellbeing practitioner (PWP)/High intensity therapist (HIT), including Trainees in these professions

If you would like to take part, please click the link below which will take you to a short and anonymous online Survey. The online Survey includes a full information sheet containing the contact details for myself and the research team, as well as an electronic consent form.

Here is the link to the Survey: https://surreyfahs.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe ... MjKxjw5xqZ

You are also very welcome to circulate the link to anyone whom you think would be interested.

With thanks for your interest and time.

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
JB99

Re: Is Googling Your Therapist Useful?

Post by JB99 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:47 pm

Really interesting study. I've completed it. Best of luck with the research!