Violent Crime Data

Ask here about academic and research issues, like designing studies, recruiting participants, choosing statistics, submitting for publication, etc.
JWildman

Violent Crime Data

Post by JWildman » Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:55 am

Hello everybody,

I'm interested in carrying out some research into violence data. I'm familiar with the Crime Survey for England and Wales survey data and the Police Recorded Crime administrative data.

Does anybody know whether there are alternative violent crime data sources available? Can somebody please point me in the right direction?

Much appreciated.

Cheers.

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
Rachelbriggs

Re: Violent Crime Data

Post by Rachelbriggs » Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:51 pm

Hello, have you tried the government website? www.gov.co.uk usually they have loads of crime statistics and surveys and reports. Hope that helps and good luck

JWildman

Re: Violent Crime Data

Post by JWildman » Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:28 pm

Hello Rachel,

Thanks for the reply! Yes, I'm familiar with the gov.uk website. It was set up as part of Sir Tim Berners-Lee's attempts to open up official data for free.

As far as I can see though, the only violence related data are sourced from the CSWE/police recorded crime.

Cheers,
John.