Participants required for an online study

Ask here about academic and research issues, like designing studies, recruiting participants, choosing statistics, submitting for publication, etc.
sofia98

Participants required for an online study

Post by sofia98 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:25 pm

Hello,
I am a undergraduate psychology student at the University of Hertfordshire. I am looking for participants to complete my online study which is part of my final year project.

The aim of my study is to examine the link between early childhood experiences, illicit substance consumption and specific personality traits. The study includes a series of questionnaires and should take no longer that 45 minutes to complete. All responses will be anonymous. Please note that participants must be over the age of 18 and not have had a mental health diagnosis.

All contact details for myself, the other researchers and my supervisor are on the information sheet at the beginning of the questionnaire should you wish to contact any of us.

Ethical approval has been granted by the Health, Science, Engineering & Technology ECDA at the University of Hertfordshire and it does include permission to advertise online.

The link to my study is: https://herts.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form ... TIweIGiceN

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

maven
Site Admin

Re: Participants required for an online study

Post by maven » Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:12 am

There are two oddly worded questions in this about how long you have used drugs for, as they are phrased to assume if you have ever used drugs you are currently using drugs. I had to assume that it meant the duration for which you did use them in your life (eg if you smoked cannabis for a few months at university 20+ years ago I assumed you'd put 6-9 months).
Maven.

Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something - Plato
The fool thinks himself to be wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool - Shakespeare