Psychology Podcasts

Anything that does not fit into the above categories, but is related to psychology, including discussion of public and media perceptions of psychology, satire related to psychology, etc.
AryaStark

Psychology Podcasts

Post by AryaStark » Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:23 pm

Hi everyone!

Hope you are all well and best of luck to those of you going through the DClin process this year! :D
So, I drive a lot for work at the moment to different bases and I was wondering whether anyone could suggest any podcasts for me to listen to during my commute?
This could be psychology related or a podcast about science in a broader sense. Anything that would be interesting but educational at the same time.
My partner has recently introduced me to 'The infinite Monkey Cage' which is a BBC Radio 4 podcast with Brian Cox and new guests every week. It's very entertaining but also you learn a lot about different areas of science.

I would be most grateful for any suggestions as I'd like to use this driving time as more than just listening to music! (Which gets tedious some days) :lol:

Thanks!
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here.
-Max Ehrmann,"Desiderata"

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
firegal
Team Member

Re: Psychology Podcasts

Post by firegal » Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:58 pm

Invisibilia!!!!
It's an NPR podcast all about the invisible things that influence our lives, mostly psychology. There are a lot of interesting case studies backed up with interviews with psychologists and neuroscientists. I found it super interesting.

My other top podcast is Good Job Brain, but that's just random trivia (soooooooooooo many episodes though!)

MarkM

Post by MarkM » Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:42 pm

I quite like BBC's all in the mind - lots of interesting topics. The Maudsley debates are great, too. Both of these are long enough for most journeys, I think. If you have a shorter commute ahead, I think the BPS research digest podcast is quite nice.

There have been a few similar threads in the past so if you are stuck have a look:
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=18853
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=17699
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=12540

Happy listening (:
:cat: I like cats! :cat:

Ariel89

Post by Ariel89 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:51 pm

Arya, I love your quote in your signature. I had a moment of weird realisation when I recently read Desiderata.