Personality psycho-ed resources for people with LD

Anything that does not fit into the above categories, but is related to psychology, including discussion of public and media perceptions of psychology, satire related to psychology, etc.
nightowl

Personality psycho-ed resources for people with LD

Post by nightowl » Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:58 pm

Hi - Not sure if this is the right place to post this... Sorry if not!

Doing some psycho-education with someone with a learning disability about personality (or personality disorder if needs be - but trying to keep it more positive!). This person works at about the mental age of a 6-year-old and really responds to information presented as a video/film/cartoon. I've been looking for videos about personality that are aimed at people with learning disabilities?

Does anyone know of anything? I thought they'd be something out there - but everything is far too jargon-filled/technical!

Many thanks!
Last edited by nightowl on Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
lakeland

Re: Personality psycho-ed resources for people with LD

Post by lakeland » Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:08 pm

I'm not being at all helpful here but wanted to raise a couple of points for reference:

1. Talking about someone's "mental age" isn't the done thing in learning disability services.

2. Please don't use resources for young children with an adult.

What exactly are you trying to convey to the person and for what reason? Is it not better to create something yourself that is far more personal, perhaps based on something they are interested in? If you're looking for inspiration, I use a vignette to explain personality development to clients with LD - if you're interested, PM me and I'll explain further.

Hope this helps.