Emotion regulation training courses?

Anything that does not fit into the above categories, but is related to psychology, including discussion of public and media perceptions of psychology, satire related to psychology, etc.
EstrellaAmore

Emotion regulation training courses?

Post by EstrellaAmore » Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:07 am

Hello I am a 3rd year undergraduate student, and am doing my dissertation on emotion regulation and emotion recognition. I am looking to attend some training courses on these topics, to further my knowledge over the summer break. I wondered if anyone has any recommendations? I am struggling to find anything, other than the Ekman training course which sounds amazing but is very expensive....
any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
bob1

Re: Emotion regulation training courses?

Post by bob1 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:24 pm

You could look into DBT courses which will cover similar ground, and/or courses around 'anger management' which also usually cover similar ground. Courses on mindfulness also probably helpful. Any training courses on borderline personality disorder interventions will also b helpful.

EstrellaAmore

Re: Emotion regulation training courses?

Post by EstrellaAmore » Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:14 am

bob1 wrote:You could look into DBT courses which will cover similar ground, and/or courses around 'anger management' which also usually cover similar ground. Courses on mindfulness also probably helpful. Any training courses on borderline personality disorder interventions will also b helpful.
Thanks so much, will look into those suggestions :)