Dual qualification - CP and Counselling Psychology

Anything that does not fit into the above categories, but is related to psychology, including discussion of public and media perceptions of psychology, satire related to psychology, etc.
mungle

Dual qualification - CP and Counselling Psychology

Post by mungle » Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:22 pm

I hoped someone might have some advice about if this is possible, how to do it a particular contact or department of the BPS to contact. I'm qualified as a clinical psychologist but interested in looking at dual qualification as a counselling psychologist. I've known people who've done it with other professional psychologist roles e.g. CP and Health Psychologist. Anyone got any advice please?

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
maven
Site Admin

Re: Dual qualification - CP and Counselling Psychology

Post by maven » Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:33 pm

Presumably you need to contact the HCPC and evidence that you meet the criteria for a CoP also - though I'm not sure why you'd want to, as I don't think it would open anything up that isn't available to you as a CP...
Maven.

Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something - Plato
The fool thinks himself to be wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool - Shakespeare

mungle

Post by mungle » Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:25 am

Thanks Maven. I'll try the HCPC. It's an unusual situation but it is do with working on a training course.

miriam
Site Admin

Post by miriam » Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:40 pm

You might want to contact Russ who used to post on here a lot, as he was a CP who taught on a counselling psychology course. I think he later went on to train in psychoanalysis, but my impression was that he had no additional qualifications beyond CP at the point he started his CoP course role.
Miriam

See my blog at http://clinpsyeye.wordpress.com