Got the job!

Anything that does not fit into the above categories, but is related to psychology, including discussion of public and media perceptions of psychology, satire related to psychology, etc.
jade

Got the job!

Post by jade » Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:44 pm

I went for an interview friday for an AP post and they called mid afternoon to tell me i'd been successful and that the 3 of them were all agreed on the decision and that i impressed them with my knowledge and ideas.

Personally i didn't think i'd done that well. thought i could've worded things better as had no time to prepare for interview as was swamped with completing masters essays that week.

it means relocating to hampshire which is a little scary as i've not lived away from home before but i've been trawling the net looking at flats today and found a ouple that i like the look of so will be off to look at them soon.

there was a point a few weeks back where i was convinced i was never going to get the ever elusive AP post. and yesterday when the lady called i was so overwhelemed that i got it paired with 4 hours sleep for the previous 2 nights that i got all upset and emotional.

it is a perfect job, in a lovely environment and the people seemed really nice. i just wish it was an hour closer to home then i could commute, and save a lot of money on rent that could be put to better use like paying off Msc loans (or going on holiday!).

Jade x
Have you ever thrown a fistful of glitter in the air?

eponymous85

Post by eponymous85 » Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:48 pm

Congratumalations jade :) hope you enjoy the new job. What speciality is it?
The mind is not a book, to be opened at will and examined at leisure. Thoughts are not etched on the inside of skulls, to be perused by any invader. The mind is a complex and many layered thing.

jade

Post by jade » Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:49 pm

thanks a lot.

its working in a school for children aged 11-19 who have Aspergers syndrome.
Have you ever thrown a fistful of glitter in the air?

postgraduate

Post by postgraduate » Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:40 pm

Hello

Just wanted to say congratulations on acquiring the new job! :) and that I can empathise with your feelings of reluctance that you have to re-locate-its not easy moving to another part of the country for work but Im sure reflecting back on this move you will see the benefit in your future career from having taken a "risk" :)

Good luck!

Postgraduate :)

Shooting_Star

Post by Shooting_Star » Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:14 pm

Congratualtions!!!

It's good to hear nice stories like this of people who thought they were never going to get that 1st AP post (the position I am in at the moment!) who then get one!

Well done and hope it all goes well!

Gilly

Post by Gilly » Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:05 pm

congratulations :)

Ashleigh

Post by Ashleigh » Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:51 pm

Congrats :D

I know all too well that feeling that you are never going to get that elusive post. I hope you really enjoy the experience.