The Cathartic thread - rant here!

Anything that does not fit into the above categories, but is related to psychology, including discussion of public and media perceptions of psychology, satire related to psychology, etc.
Kit

Post by Kit » Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:23 pm

Being an 'older guy/lady', I've just had to check out what 'obfuscation' means, just to see if I do that...I don't!!!

othello

Post by othello » Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:01 pm

The mounting pile of assignments ahead of me. With no breathing space between them!

Gilly

Post by Gilly » Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:41 pm

somewhat linked to psych:

Bloody buses! Finished work at the hospital at 4, bus turned up at 5.45 - then he had the bloody cheek, after admitting he was 40 minutes late, to drop us off 4 stops later because his shift had finished and he had to go home - cue another 20 minute wait on an already hour long bus journey.

*growl*

lakeland

Post by lakeland » Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:25 pm

Petty liars...

People who tell stories where the sole point seems to be to big themselves up (do they not realise it's arrogant to suggest that every man you've met fancies you?)...

People who don't give you credit for ideas you've had - for example, you tell them about something and they then 'advise' others with what you've told them... in front of you. And then you can't say..."erm, I told you that" without looking petty and childish

Very cathartic! Thanks!

jadeywadey

Post by jadeywadey » Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:37 pm

Bloody heating! Why is it that whoever programmed the central heating in offices think that winter starts in mid-december! Why can't they put the heating on when it actually gets cold (probably September) and why do they think it's inappropriate to get heaters for your room if it's like a freezer?
This coldness has actually made me sick!
Ohh my anger has warmed me up :)

russ

Post by russ » Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:25 pm

What's actually worse is them not turning it off when it gets warm again in Spring!

Gilly

Post by Gilly » Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:07 am

^ oh excellent, so its not just every school ive ever been to that does that then, i get a lifetime of working in it too :P

BlueCat
Site Admin

Post by BlueCat » Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:49 am

Still in a band 7 after 4 years with few prospects on the horizon because of part of the country I lve in. Friend who qualified year after me just about to start 8b.

miriam
Site Admin

Post by miriam » Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:13 am

BlueCat wrote:Still in a band 7 after 4 years with few prospects on the horizon because of part of the country I lve in. Friend who qualified year after me just about to start 8b.
Its a shame you can't move. My frustration is not being able to recruit an 8b locum to cover my maternity, even with the promise of the post being likely to extend and become permanent....

(and we've got a set of band 7s, with preceptorship, coming soon too)
Miriam

See my blog at http://clinpsyeye.wordpress.com

russ

Post by russ » Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:29 am

miriam wrote:Its a shame you can't move.
It's even more of a shame to feel that you have to.

baa

Post by baa » Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:19 pm

russ wrote:
miriam wrote:Its a shame you can't move.
It's even more of a shame to feel that you have to.
Yes. This is happening with IAPT too, and not just my Trust, but the whole bloody region are working together to refuse to employ LIWs with previous AP type experience sooner than they'd like. ARGH, it's all about the cashflow here, but they're ignoring the long term thing of people are going to start leaving.

daydreambeliever

Post by daydreambeliever » Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:13 pm

Great idea for a thread :D

off the top of my head ..

council tax departments .. mine have been sent a form signed by my uni to prove that I don't have to pay council tax but have "lost" it - they have also "lost" the address for the property I'm moving into on their system, despite maintaining all other flats on the block in said system. :evil:

parking tickets - my local parking attendant gave me a ticket for parking in a space beside the machine where I'd bought the ticket entitling me to park there. They then had the nerve to reject my appeal. :evil: :evil:

compulsory academic teaching that means I can't be at the hospital to support my mum during major surgery :evil: :evil: :evil:

Gilly

Post by Gilly » Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:12 pm

GRAH!

is the word i would like to use :)

rox

Post by rox » Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:40 pm

lakeland wrote:
People who don't give you credit for ideas you've had - for example, you tell them about something and they then 'advise' others with what you've told them... in front of you. And then you can't say..."erm, I told you that" without looking petty and childish
My line manager keeps telling me things that I actually told her in the first place...she often uses my exact words!

schizometric

Post by schizometric » Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:10 pm

Presuming a meeting is in the same place as usual, leaving supervision in a hurry, almost reversing into someone due to hurry, then turning up only to find that it is in a completely different area of the city and no one had mentioned this fact, despite my spending most of the last 48 hours with my manager at a conference!

Also, posts being advertised with misleading JDs :evil: Letting agents - is it really that hard to find out whether there's a fridge/freezer being left behind in the house? and VIRGIN MEDIA.

Gah.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.