The Cathartic thread - rant here!

Anything that does not fit into the above categories, but is related to psychology, including discussion of public and media perceptions of psychology, satire related to psychology, etc.
Geishawife
Team Member

Re: The Cathartic thread - rant here!

Post by Geishawife » Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:20 pm

That's a great way of looking at it. My sentiments would be much the same - so long as family and pets are safe, upsetting as it is, the rest of the stuff is just that, stuff, and replaceable. Good luck with the insurance company!

alexh

Post by alexh » Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:08 pm

interviews are tough. Hard to compete against someone who had worked in the same service area before.

Well, it was my first interview and I struggled on some of the questions so it's not like lack of experience was the only problem.

must try harder

lakeland

Post by lakeland » Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:42 am

School Counsellors - you do more harm than good, and only refer to CAMHS when you're about to go off for 6 weeks and realise you've got a risky kid on your hands :evil: :evil:

Gilly

Post by Gilly » Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:08 am

warm warm warm warm warm warm pre-fab NHS building warm warm warm warm warm
You're not calling for help, are you?! ;)

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity" - Abraham Lincoln.

Beth

Post by Beth » Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:17 am

Why do people think it OK to put anything on facebook - its not!!!! THINK BEFORE YOU TYPE!! GGGGRRRRR (sorry I know this has been ranted before, but saw something this morning which sat very uneasily with me!)

bex4010

Post by bex4010 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:30 pm

Gilly wrote:warm warm warm warm warm warm pre-fab NHS building warm warm warm warm warm
warm AKA sweaty :shock: :oops:

aquabunny101

Post by aquabunny101 » Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:14 pm

Why ask me to interview if you already have in mind someone 'inhouse' for the bl**dy job!?!?!

3 times now... talk about demoralising. All these trips across the country, when unemployed, means I'm about two more hopeless job interviews away from selling my kidney on the black market for train tickets to the other hopeless interviews!

Shouldn't grumble as at least I'm gaining interview experience but ALL I WANT IS TO WORK!!!! AHHHH!!!

CleverHans

Post by CleverHans » Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:42 pm

ANSWER

MY

EMAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"Self-belief does not necessarily ensure success, but self-disbelief assuredly spawns failure."

moonbeam

Post by moonbeam » Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:36 pm

Why does no-one recycle outside? :evil:

Maybe if they did, and made an effort... (well it's not much of an effort when all bins are next to each other) to recycle pizza boxes, general cardboard and cans... then there would be room for me to actually put my rubbish in.

It's just so lazy!!

Bring on the big move!
There may not always be a solution to the problem, but there is always another perspective...

Esuma

Post by Esuma » Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:35 pm

CALL ME BACK. It's really not hard. And stop lying.

PsychedOut

Post by PsychedOut » Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:39 pm

Dear Mr Psychiatrist

My name is not Julian!
It is nothing even like Julian!
I have no idea who bloody Julian is!

Yours Sincerely,
Not Julian

CupcakeFairy

Post by CupcakeFairy » Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:51 am

Thesis is making me very angry with the world at the moment. Usually I'm very much a 'yeah, attack the day' sort of person, but at the moment any sort of inspirational message makes me want to smack the person giving it. If I want to sit at home in my pyjamas on an evening instead of going to the gym I will. I dont need to be told how much better it will make me feel or how 'one missed day is one day less of progress'. P*** off.

Pink

Post by Pink » Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:42 pm

CupcakeFairy wrote:Thesis is making me very angry with the world at the moment. Usually I'm very much a 'yeah, attack the day' sort of person, but at the moment any sort of inspirational message makes me want to smack the person giving it. If I want to sit at home in my pyjamas on an evening instead of going to the gym I will. I dont need to be told how much better it will make me feel or how 'one missed day is one day less of progress'. P*** off.
:lol: :lol: Cupcake Fairy I just fell a little bit in love with you-so funny! :lol: :lol:

enjoy your pyjamas, I'd recommend adding wine, chocolate and take out chinese food.

good luck with evil bleepy thesis,

Pink
Kintsukuroi: 'to repair with gold'. the art of repairing pottery with gold or silver lacquer and understanding that the piece is more beautiful for having been broken.

@Sushipink22

moonbeam

Post by moonbeam » Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:55 pm

Pink wrote:
CupcakeFairy wrote:Thesis is making me very angry with the world at the moment. Usually I'm very much a 'yeah, attack the day' sort of person, but at the moment any sort of inspirational message makes me want to smack the person giving it. If I want to sit at home in my pyjamas on an evening instead of going to the gym I will. I dont need to be told how much better it will make me feel or how 'one missed day is one day less of progress'. P*** off.
:lol: :lol: Cupcake Fairy I just fell a little bit in love with you-so funny! :lol: :lol:

enjoy your pyjamas, I'd recommend adding wine, chocolate and take out chinese food.

good luck with evil bleepy thesis,

Pink
I agree with Pink. I am in the same thesis hell, not long for both of us now though! Hang in there CCF :D
There may not always be a solution to the problem, but there is always another perspective...

michael2806

Post by michael2806 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:03 pm

No, it's not an 'illness of the depressive type', it's depression, probably something to do with, I don't know, massive life changes they've recently experienced! Oh, and now we're talking about medications again are we, I didn't realise everyone's life could be reduced to their initials and citalopram 20mg. If you're going to oversimplify a persons life to make your job easier, go into accountancy, or maybe think about learning some new stuff. Talk about lagging behind good practice, GGGRRRR!!