Secondary care to primary care transition

This section is for questions relating to therapy, assessment, formulation and other aspects of working with people in mental health services.

mayakuhl

Secondary care to primary care transition

Post by mayakuhl » Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:35 pm

Hi there, I'm an AP working with non-psychosis adult groups. Myself and some colleagues are looking at piloting a group that helps clients better manage the transition from secondary mental health care to primary mental health care. Does anyone know of any existing group work on this difficult transition for clients? Do Mind or ReThink or any NHS trusts have anything in place?

On a related note, any research on why the transition might be difficult (I'm thinking attachment), or the need to enable as smooth a transition as possible would be greatly welcome.

Many thanks

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
maven
Site Admin

Re: Secondary care to primary care transition

Post by maven » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:35 pm

This was posted in the wrong section. I don't know if the OP still wants some help, but I've moved it and thought I'd bump it in case anyone had advice to offer.
Maven.

Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something - Plato
The fool thinks himself to be wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool - Shakespeare

MindfulPsych

Re: Secondary care to primary care transition

Post by MindfulPsych » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:07 am

mayakuhl wrote:Hi there, I'm an AP working with non-psychosis adult groups. Myself and some colleagues are looking at piloting a group that helps clients better manage the transition from secondary mental health care to primary mental health care. Does anyone know of any existing group work on this difficult transition for clients? Do Mind or ReThink or any NHS trusts have anything in place?

On a related note, any research on why the transition might be difficult (I'm thinking attachment), or the need to enable as smooth a transition as possible would be greatly welcome.

Many thanks
I don't know of any NHS trusts or charitable services that have this in place.

I have been on the development team of something similar in transition but within long term condition/physical health teams. So I might be of some help?

Is it worth maybe speaking to other psychologists/researchers/counsellors/consultants/nurses or other health care professional in different teams to help?

It sounds really interesting and would be keen to know how you get on!