Countries you'd really love to visit

For anything not related to psychology
lingua_franca

Countries you'd really love to visit

Post by lingua_franca » Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:42 pm

Today I was thinking about how much I want to go to Yemen. I had the opportunity to study Arabic there in 2006, and I wish I'd taken it, as the Foreign Office now advises against all travel to Yemen and the situation is volatile. I'd still go in a heartbeat if I had the chance. It's a beautiful country with a fascinating history. Where would everyone else like to go if they could?
"Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
"Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
Piglet was comforted by this.
- A.A. Milne.

firegal
Team Member

Re: Countries you'd really love to visit

Post by firegal » Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:55 pm

Japan. I've been saying it for years and I promised myself if I got a place on training this year that I'd finally go even if only for a short holiday before training starts.
Otherwise, I'd quite like to go back to northern Italy again, just such a beautiful part of the world. And I have always always fancied the idea of doing an African safari on horseback :D

Geishawife
Team Member

Post by Geishawife » Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:19 pm

I'm VERY fortunate in that I've had the opportunity to travel quite a lot and have seen most places that were on my "wish list" as a youngster (a VERY long time ago :wink: :wink: ). However, one place I've always wanted to visit but still haven't managed to get to for some reason is Corsica. Considering it's closer than many of the other places I've visited, I'm not sure why we've missed it so far! Maybe that's an idea for next year!
firegal wrote:Japan. I've been saying it for years and I promised myself if I got a place on training this year that I'd finally go even if only for a short holiday before training starts.
GO, GO, GO!!!!! Especially in cherry blossom season if you can!!! Of course I'm HUGELY biased but it's a country I absolutely adore and would recommend to everyone!!

AnonymousMouse

Post by AnonymousMouse » Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:48 pm

I've ALWAYS wanted to go to Japan for the cherry blossoms. Definitely on my list of places to go as soon as possible! I'm also currently dying to go to Machu Picchu, Tanzania (mostly for Kilimanjaro, Zanzibar, all of the conservation areas/national parks and the Serengeti) and New Zeland. I basically want to go everywhere though - I have 4 holidays/mini breaks planned this year, and I'm already planning/budgeting for next years!

graduateak

Post by graduateak » Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:01 pm

I feel lucky to have visited quite a range of countries. But are still loads I really want to visit: Norway to see the Fjords, Australia to see the great barrier rief, South Africa to go diving with great white sharks, anywhere in South East Asia and Morrocco for the food (just to name a few).
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.” ― Albert Einstein.

Randomswirls
Team Member

Post by Randomswirls » Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:16 pm

I was lucky enough to go to Yemen whilst at uni a very surreal country!

I really want to do the trans Siberian express. I also want to go to South America and India!

I would love to go to Iraq and Afghanistan and Israel/Palestine as I've travelled through most of the Middle East now but not those countries!

Just for sheer randomness I'd love to go to Timbucktoo for no reason beyond being able to say I've been!!

enid

Post by enid » Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:02 pm

At the moment Israel.

miriam
Site Admin

Post by miriam » Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:00 pm

I loved Japan, but it was very expensive!

I'd like to see Australasia and the pacific rim islands, especially to go diving in Polynesia. And I'd like to see more of Scandinavia. But at the moment I'd pretty much settle for a holiday anywhere.
Miriam

See my blog at http://clinpsyeye.wordpress.com

memifer

Post by memifer » Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:41 pm

Borneo.

It is a lifelong dream to travel to Borneo and see Orang Utans in the wild. I'm currently pricing up this 'dream' to see if it is in any way possible to go there for my honeymoon this year, and I *think* it might just be achievable...if we live off beans on toast between now and September!!

rabbit

Post by rabbit » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:43 am

Iceland!
Always wanted to go and we are going a week tomorrow.... so excited!!
The time will come when men such as I will look on the murder of animals as they now look on the murder of men. (Leonardo da Vinci)

memifer

Post by memifer » Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:02 pm

I've just taken the plunge and booked Malaysia for my honeymoon...I am going to spend time in Malaysian Borneo and visit an orang utan sanctuary. Roll on September!!

Wychelm

Post by Wychelm » Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:53 pm

rabbit wrote:Iceland!
Always wanted to go and we are going a week tomorrow.... so excited!!
this!

workingmama
Team Member

Post by workingmama » Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:05 pm

Israel
India
Serbia
Italy
Morocco
Fail, fail again, fail better.

maggie83

Post by maggie83 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:31 pm

So many places... Italy...love the language and music and the scenery looks stunning, so close, but haven't yet visited. India, feel a journey coming on. South America, one day... Cuba, intriguing. Scotland, people the other side of the world were raving about it, and all I could say was that I'd spent one weekend in Edinburgh! Egypt would also be incredible.

Holly85

Post by Holly85 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:06 am

Maggie, you have to go to the Highlands particularly Skye. I spent 10 days over the Summer touring around and it really was amazing. I would love to go to Iceland and am planning to make a trip later this year for my 30th.