Countries you'd really love to visit

For anything not related to psychology
astra

Re: Countries you'd really love to visit

Post by astra » Thu May 14, 2015 4:57 pm

I'm fancying somewhere Nordic/Icelandic. Want to see the Northern Lights and just quite like cold weather.
From the point of view of mindfulness, as long as you're breathing there's more right with you than wrong with you. Jon Kabat-Zinn

butterfly123

Post by butterfly123 » Tue May 19, 2015 9:15 am

Oooooo this is giving me some inspiration!! I have a lovely long summer to look forward to, and I definitely want to book a few trips before I start training in September!

I am currently looking at 3 weeks in the Caribbean for some rest and relaxation! But will be looking for something a bit more "adventurous" too :-) One of my favourite trips was travelling through Italy, I would definitely recommend that and consider doing it again!

Monroe

Post by Monroe » Tue May 19, 2015 12:33 pm

I've noticed Japan coming up a few times so far and just wanted to encourage all of you to go if you're thinking about it!! It really is a special place and the food is AMAZING. Everywhere you go from a convenience store to a restaurant is DELICIOUS. It's expensive getting there, of course, but food and accommodation doesn't have to be a huge cost once you're there :D

The last time I went I visited a beautiful garden that had 3 rocks placed in a special formation. Apparently it was meant to represent the meaning of life :shock: I stared at it for a while along with other tourists and felt convinced I'd got it, but now I can't remember :oops:

SummerPrincess

Post by SummerPrincess » Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:18 pm

Italy, Brazil & the United States.

cucumber

Post by cucumber » Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:33 pm

Iceland - and I am going in 5 days and staying 3 weeks whee :)

LearnLiveDream

Post by LearnLiveDream » Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:10 pm

Svalbard (did Tromso this year, it was a dream come true!)
Thailand
Peru
Italy (specifically Sorrento and Florence)
Switzerland
Austria
Alaska
Canada

And I would love to return to some places I've already visited.. Tromso as I said, the dordogne region of France, Slovenia, Croatia, Czech Republic...

MindfulPsych

Post by MindfulPsych » Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:36 am

LearnLiveDream wrote:Svalbard (did Tromso this year, it was a dream come true!)
Switzerland
Switzerland is absolutely beautiful I highly recommend :D

Mine would have to be Australia and The Caribbean! (although this isn't specifically a country.. I couldn't decide!)

astra

Post by astra » Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:08 pm

astra wrote:I'm fancying somewhere Nordic/Icelandic. Want to see the Northern Lights and just quite like cold weather.
Actually I went to Iceland just after Christmas. It was amazing. I have a big birthday in Feb next year and may insist we go back :D
From the point of view of mindfulness, as long as you're breathing there's more right with you than wrong with you. Jon Kabat-Zinn

firegal
Team Member

Post by firegal » Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:58 pm

firegal wrote:Japan. I've been saying it for years and I promised myself if I got a place on training this year that I'd finally go even if only for a short holiday before training starts.
Otherwise, I'd quite like to go back to northern Italy again, just such a beautiful part of the world. And I have always always fancied the idea of doing an African safari on horseback :D
Seeing as the thread has been resurrected...

I'M DOING IT I'M DOING IT I'M GOING TO JAPAN!!!!

Alexander

Post by Alexander » Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:19 pm

I second that, the Highlands are incredible. I've holidayed in Scotland for the past five years and love it every time. The scenery is just breathtaking. I was in Italy recently - Tuscany - and highly recommend that too. It was like a less mountainous, forested, warmer version of Scotland's highlands. The food, people, coffee and wine were all awesome.

I would love to visit Canada, New Zealand, Japan and Scandinavia.

LearnLiveDream

Post by LearnLiveDream » Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:51 pm

MindfulPsych wrote:
LearnLiveDream wrote:Svalbard (did Tromso this year, it was a dream come true!)
Switzerland
Switzerland is absolutely beautiful I highly recommend :D

Mine would have to be Australia and The Caribbean! (although this isn't specifically a country.. I couldn't decide!)
What part/s of Switzerland would you recommend? I've been thinking Zurich, Zermatt AND Bern but realistically I'm more able to do weekends away and that's too much for a weekend!
astra wrote:
astra wrote:I'm fancying somewhere Nordic/Icelandic. Want to see the Northern Lights and just quite like cold weather.
Actually I went to Iceland just after Christmas. It was amazing. I have a big birthday in Feb next year and may insist we go back :D
Did you manage to see those lights?
Alexander wrote:I second that, the Highlands are incredible. I've holidayed in Scotland for the past five years and love it every time. The scenery is just breathtaking. I was in Italy recently - Tuscany - and highly recommend that too. It was like a less mountainous, forested, warmer version of Scotland's highlands. The food, people, coffee and wine were all awesome.

I would love to visit Canada, New Zealand, Japan and Scandinavia.
Off to Scotland in September, any recommended places to visit? We're staying near Fort William

Love a good holiday; both exploring trips and relaxing trips!

Pixie

Post by Pixie » Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:00 pm

Cuba is currently top of my list, with New Zealand a close second

Alexander

Post by Alexander » Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:24 pm

Cuba! Now there's a thought....

MindfulPsych

Post by MindfulPsych » Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:34 pm

LearnLiveDream wrote:
MindfulPsych wrote:
LearnLiveDream wrote:
What part/s of Switzerland would you recommend? I've been thinking Zurich, Zermatt AND Bern but realistically I'm more able to do weekends away and that's too much for a weekend! .
I went to Geneva, absolutely stunning part of Switzerland. So much to explore and do aswell. I'd love to go back :D I went for 4 days and I still wasn't able to see everything!

Geishawife
Team Member

Post by Geishawife » Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:40 pm

Seeing as the thread has been resurrected...

I'M DOING IT I'M DOING IT I'M GOING TO JAPAN!!!!
Just saw this! Of course, I am VERY biased, but I think it's the most amazing country!! Have a WONDERFUL time, send my blessings to Mt Fuji, and do let us know how it went!!