Pensions

For anything not related to psychology
RhubarbCrumble

Pensions

Post by RhubarbCrumble » Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:31 am

I have a quick question about pension accounts, and I was wondering if anyone has been in a similar situation before. I don't know much about pension accounts, so I apologies if what I'm about to say sounds dumb.

I have had a series of jobs which I have been in for 6 months, and I have paid into a pension for each of them. Not a lot has been paid in, but they have all been paid into different accounts with different providers.

I would like to move them all into one place, but I know they charge you to move the money. So, my question is this ...

Is it worth moving them all into the same place? There's only a few hundred pounds in each. Or when I come to retire will that not matter?

Also, If I were to move them into the same place, would a private pension account be best? Do these cost anything to set up?

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
maven
Site Admin

Re: Pensions

Post by maven » Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:57 am

These are questions for a financial advisor, not for aspiring clinical psychologists.
Maven.

Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something - Plato
The fool thinks himself to be wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool - Shakespeare