5 things I'm thinking today. . .

For anything not related to psychology
Morningstar

Re: 5 things I'm thinking today. . .

Post by Morningstar » Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:10 pm

1. So it's pretty warm!
2. Still adjusting to my face in contact lenses again - can't decide if I look worse or just different
3. My eyes are not enjoying the switch from contact lens to glasses, but the switch from glasses to contact lens in fine
4. BSL Level 1 is finished. Now to wait 7-8 weeks to find out if I passed my last exam
5. Super excited about doing BSL Level 2 in September, just need to decide where and start saving my money :D

Jem88

Post by Jem88 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:29 pm

1. Feel like I've been through a rollercoaster of emotions these past few days. Sadly lost my Uncle to leukaemia on Saturday.
2. If there's on thing I've learned from all this is that I have the most amazingly strong and support family and I'm so proud to have them :)
3. It's also my birthday today. Looking forward to having some dinner and drinks with friends and I'm sure it'll cheer me up.
4. The fact I've heard nothing from any of these job applications is still niggling away at the back of my mind.
5. Considering a sponsored sky dive for leukaemia research. Another thing I've learned is to always take advantage of every single day you're given because it may be your last! :)

faz121

Post by faz121 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:52 pm

1. Sorry to hear that Jem88, hope you have a good birthday with family
2. MTwist I know exactly what you mean, my colleague always takes a/l when I have to be at work - how bad is that?!?! Does she not realise I need someone to keep me company :D
3. Said colleague will be laughing to herself when she hears I had 2 clients who did not attend their apts today (don't think she's a single cancelled apt yet :evil:)
4. Glad it's raining, much cooler after yesterday
5. However I'm wearing slingbacks which is not great when it's raining

CycleChic

Post by CycleChic » Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:21 pm

1. My Mum's knee replacement op seems to have gone pretty well.....she's not home yet but hopefully tomorrow!
2. Got all political over the weekend and sat in on the "Free Hetherington" protests at Glasgow University. Thursday will be the 150th day of the sit in protest against scathing cuts at the university.
3. I'm looking forward to going back to Mancunia though. It seems i've missed all the good weather and BBQ's over the weekend.
4. Have eaten out every night since I got here....Chinese, Indian, Italian and Vietnamese. Tonight I endure my brother's cooking! :roll:
5. My wee car has it's MOT due... :| And probably needs some TLC before it will pass... :roll:

jade

Post by jade » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:12 am

1. Went to see the Glee Live show last night at the 02. was absolutely amazing
2. helped by the fact we were in a private Suite! fancy!
3. am absolutely shattered today though and am sat at work trying to keep my eyes open. the one time I wouldn't have minded being on the late shift and i'm on an early! I want my bed!
4. Also my useless stomach is playing up. feels like i may have eaten something wheat contaminated but can't imagine what. ouch!!
5. Might have a nap in the sleep in room for an hour at lunch time. can't face food anyway so might as well sleep!
Have you ever thrown a fistful of glitter in the air?

Tiggerman

Post by Tiggerman » Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:28 am

1. Come on... I was only up
2. I think my jeep has thoughts and feelings
3. I never cease to amaze myself with interview performances :roll:
4. This thesis sounds interesting, you didn't give me a chance though, 42 pages!
5. Dress I bought the other day is really pretty, and was cheap!
I like pigs. Dogs look up to us, cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals - Winston Churchill

WonderWoman

Post by WonderWoman » Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:37 am

1. Cold or hayfever...or both?
2. Lots to do, yay.
3. Weekend where art thou?!
4. Blood tests later. yikes
5. Want pretty dresses too. Jealous!

eponymous85

Post by eponymous85 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:18 pm

1. DNA's always make me feel blue
2. Looking forward to music-y things tonight
3. Not looking forward to difficult meeting first
4. No energy today
5. Would much rather be at home with my husband
The mind is not a book, to be opened at will and examined at leisure. Thoughts are not etched on the inside of skulls, to be perused by any invader. The mind is a complex and many layered thing.

mandy20

Post by mandy20 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:55 pm

1. I need rest after a long and stressful journey, followed by work, work work
2. I havent heard back from any place I've applied to yet, I need to refocuss and think about other things
3. I'm hungry :) I smell my mother's cooking
4. Hopefully, I will soon be saying, 'i'm hungry what shall i buy to eat/cook this week' :D
5. I need my life to change! Big time!

ell

Post by ell » Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:43 pm

1) Waiting to see if I get an interview for the trainee PWP posts in Reading. Seeing a fatly stuffed envelope with Reading postmark and NHS style font on the doormat when I got home got my hopes up a bit, but it was just the hospital offering me an appt! :roll:
2) Apprentice tonight!
3) Mr ell looks nice in a shirt and suit.
4) What to do this evening?...
5) I suppose I should do some gardening or something else that is useful.

L

schizometric

Post by schizometric » Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:54 pm

1. So so tired. When does it end?
2. I ate the most disgusting amount of Dominos pizza last night. It was truly gross in a way. The pizza was nice but should STOP when start to feel sick... stomach communication with pre-frontal cortex failure.
3. I cannot believe I won Paul Simon tickets for a very local gig while I was in a meeting, which within 7 mins were promptly given away to the next person on the list as I couldnt answer the call :( very sad times.
4. I can't believe I was thinking about taking on another job not 6 months ago. No. Just... no.
5. why did i sign up to zumba tonight?
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

heatherb

Post by heatherb » Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:48 am

1. I'm on the hunt for participants... cue: bombardment of emails to random dietitian practices
2. ARGH Presentation on Tuesday... I'm not prepared - always get nervous, shake and make a mess of it
3. *Confident thoughts Heather*
4. Feel all weird and bloated today.
5. Eating breakfast is a good thing though... health kick week #1 = success.

Rachie

Post by Rachie » Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:08 am

1) I get married a year today!! Waaahooooo!!!
2) So tired..the OH went out last night with an old friend and proceded to wake me up by turning all lights on, then deciding to tell me about his night even though I was asleep, although he did end said conversation with "one year today" (it was after midnight) so redeemed his drunkenness a bit!
3) Lie in at the weekend!
4) Wish it was lunchtime my stomach is rumbling!!
5) Can you get a bad neck and shoulder just from repeated data entry? Only 8 more participant entries to go!!!

ell

Post by ell » Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:50 pm

1) I have an interview for the trainee PWP posts in Reading! Hurrah!
2) Oh dear me, I have 1 week to learn all there is to know about IAPT, an area of relatively little interest to me up until now.
3) The next couple of weeks are going to be really busy for various reasons. Weekends are oddly free though, which is a nice change.
4) I feel like I'm neglecting my friends a bit, need to do something about that.
5) Lunch time now!

L

baa

Post by baa » Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:57 pm

Well done ell! Shout if you wanna know anything IAPTy :D

1. did I go too fast on the AHATRAUMA route? I don't think so, but I have the Fear for no real reason.
2. Coffeeeeeee.
3. I DO NOT understand solicitor talk. I am making DadBaa talk to them :grownup: (It is about something to do with him, I am not completely useless).
4. Wouldn't have to do it if sis had chosen a less flaky bloke :evil:
5. HOUSEwanttomoveinnow.
At least I'm not as mad as that one!