Re: 5 things I'm thinking today. . .

Post by MindfulPsych » Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:31 pm

1-4. cannot stop thinking about how amazing my mindfulness bell bracelet is :D
5. Cannot wait to go away at the weekend only 1.5 hours to go! :mrgreen:

sparklepants

Post by sparklepants » Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:58 pm

lingua_franca wrote:1.)
5.) I'm quite looking forward to my trip down south for the conference, because it means going via London, and going via London means eating at Loving Hut. :D
Ooh, is it good, lingua? I've been meaning to try it for ages :)

lingua_franca

Post by lingua_franca » Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:12 pm

I've only eaten at one of their branches and I think the menu varies from place to place, but it's delicious there - so many lovely-looking vegan options that I was spoiled for choice. A rare experience for a vegan eating out. :P
"Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
"Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
Piglet was comforted by this.
- A.A. Milne.

sparklepants

Post by sparklepants » Sat Nov 14, 2015 4:07 pm

I went to one in Hanoi once, it was good! I used to hate fake meat, but can handle it more now, if it's done well. Enjoy it anyway, and let me know what you make of it!

Esuma

Post by Esuma » Sun Nov 15, 2015 5:28 pm

1.) Seriously panicking about starting my job tomorrow
2.) Really don't want to get lost on the way and stressing about turning up to work in all my bike gear and needing to change.
3.) Don't know what to wear!?
4.) Scared about how I'm going to manage a full week working after 8 months off... body shock time! Also worried that I have a lot of days I need off and feel they're going to think I'm demanding and don't understand shift work!
5.) Just. ..
Arghhghhj!

Victoriomantic

Post by Victoriomantic » Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:01 pm

Good luck Esuma! How did your first day go?

1-4: I GOT A JOB!! GMHW in London, they called me in off the reserve list, I'm so excited! :D
5: Just got to wait for a phone call to iron out details, hopefully soon so I can start planning.

lingua_franca

Post by lingua_franca » Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:40 pm

1.) Congratulations Victoriomantic and Esuma. :D
2.) After months of applications and no joy, I have three interviews scheduled for one week. This is positive, if exhausting - I'm going to be dashing up and down the country.
3.) I'm meeting an old school friend for lunch tomorrow whom I haven't seen in seven years. Strangely I feel a bit nervous.
4.) I had a lovely encouraging supervision today and I'm on track to submit my thesis early.
5.) .,.just writing that causes a gust of anxiety to blow in and make me think no, no, I am not on track to do anything early.
- A.A. Milne.

firegal
Team Member

Post by firegal » Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:29 pm

1) Congratulations to everyone, it's lovely seeing good job news on here!
2) Finally feel like my clinical application this year is taking shape, little late in the day but better than never!
3) Found out that if I need it I can stay in this job until March, so I'm going to get a couple more job applications in and then call it quits until Jan because soon it will get to the point where any interviews I get offered will be when I'm away.
4) Less than a month until I go to Barcelona to see my Granddad with my mum and sister...and then one month and one day until I get on a plane to America to see my wonderful bf again and spend Christmas with his family :D
5) No matter how stressed or overwhelmed I get, number 4 puts a massive smile on my face.

nomnom

Post by nomnom » Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:43 am

1. I hate being unwell.

2. Why is it so cold?

3. I can't take any time off this week and have a family wedding to attend this weekend *sob sob*

4. This boy is confusing me. I keep having to remind myself to not assume, expect or read in to things too much but being the control freak that I am, I'm finding this difficult.

5. Going to look at a holiday, might cheer me up.
'Forget what hurt you. But remember what it taught you'

Shmit

Post by Shmit » Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:36 pm

1) WHY is this years doctorate application so hard :( I seem to be really struggling, but thankfully I'm off to my supervisors house later to go through things
2) Such a horrible and difficult session yesterday, the worst experience I've had so far :(
3) I feel like I'm constantly putting things off at the moment, with little motivation to do anything but to sit and watch tele. I need to start thinking this through a bit- although I have a feeling I'm avoiding in fear of rejection/difficult feelings
4) I've decided that a trip to Vietnam is a must next year, who cares about having money, I want to book something
5) Puppy snugs were amazing this morning, I wanted to either work from home or bring him into work.

Esuma

Post by Esuma » Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:15 pm

Thank you everyone! First few days have been good just very full on as so much to learn, feeling more confident now about how I'm doing though :)

1 - 5.) I'm too tired to even be thinking today! Work after so much time off is exhausting!

Bobgirl

Post by Bobgirl » Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:43 pm

1. I don't seem to be getting very far with this essay that's due soon!! Procrastination palooza :roll:
2. Need to find a new hobby, having relocated for the course I'm now a bit bored. :?
3. I really want to start that new course online but feel I might not manage to stick to it once the workload increases. :?:
4. I love my first placement :)
5. I'm really homesick. :(

lingua_franca

Post by lingua_franca » Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:18 pm

1.) I went to get my hair done before my interview triathlon. At the end the hairdresser said, "Well, it's less untidy now." Why do I get the impression there was an unspoken 'at least' in there somewhere? :lol:
2.) My first interview seemed to go well, even though it turned out I was being interviewed for a different service (CAMHS PICU) than the one I'd applied to work in (CAMHS open acute). I was a bit floored by this information but I recovered rapidly and I had a very nice spontaneous conversation with the panel, as I don't know much about PICU working and I had lots of questions. I really liked my panel. They told me that they would give me enough time to get home, and then phone me with the result. They also said how well I'd done. If they don't give me the job after saying that then they are cruel and unusual.
3.) ...and my phone number has changed since I applied for that role and I forgot to tell them. Now I have to wait until Monday to hear anything.
4.) Interview no. 2 on Monday!
5.) I have counterbalanced my three job interviews with three ballet performances. Wuthering Heights tomorrow - so excited.
- A.A. Milne.

sweetpea

Post by sweetpea » Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:28 pm

^ Ahh, fingers crossed, lingua_franca! Let us know how you get on? :D

1) Beautiful autumn sunshine over the frost this morning. Can't help but smile!
2) Loving being all snuggled in my favourite wintery hoodie and slipper socks.
3) Need to get my application ready for a second hash over with my supervisor tomorrow, yikes.
4) Baking today, hurrah! Triple layer lemon cake for a colleague's leaving do tomorrow.
5) Fancying a bacon roll for lunch.

^ Most of which is application procrastination! :lol:

Pixie

Post by Pixie » Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:07 pm

1) Application finally submitted - it's only taken a few years of deliberation to get me to this point!
2) Dealing with even more bureaucratic nonsense at work is further confirmation that a change of career is the right decision for me
3) I REALLY want to get a pet; a dog is my first choice but need to work fewer hours for it to be feasible.
4) Can someone please send me some motivation to hit the gym
5) Can't wait for a weekend of celebrations. Is it Friday yet?!